I've tried everything...except what?

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
I've got a 93 GT and at about the middle of the summer I dropped a new GT-40 crate motor in from JEGS since the last motor crapped out on me. The motor is designed so that you can swap everything not included on it already like the intake, injectors, TB, etc...instead I put an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake on it and BBK 70 mm TB. I also have a 73mm MAF. The only thing that was left stock was injectors, fuel pump, and most of the spark componets(coil, cap, rotor, and distributor-they are brand new though). Now that the motor is broke in and I can get on it, somethings not right. :cuss: Starting at 3000 rpm's, it cuts out. I thought the A/F ratio was fcked up. So I replaced the fuel pump-255LPH. That didn't work. Next I put in 24# injectors. Didn't work. What the hell is the problem? Thanks for the help and sorry for the long story.

redstang

ignition. i bet your problem is there. if that doesnt fix it, get different plugs and msd cap/rotor.

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
So I need to replace the ignition coil? The next thing I was going to do was new plugs and then try the coil. Once it does run right, what hp do you think I should be puttin down. The motor with all the stock stuff is 345hp.

Last edited:

redstang

get an msd ignition, 6a or 6al is good. get an aftermarket coil, msd blaster coil or crane cams ps-91 coil. then get good wires/cap/rotor/plugs you should be good to go. you'll probably make around 290ish rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread