I've had the car for a year now and i finally realized...

TRBO VNM

jpk said:
Yes, WUTWINE, I found that thread after your first post. Sheesh, no need to rub it in. You said it more than once after my post! No one before you mentioned how to take the stuff off, and elbow grease sure didn't do the trick.

Today I took a rim off and put some Turtle Wax Chrome Polish to the gray paint. After a few minutes of vigorous rubbing, a small area became polished chrome. Holy cow, it took a lot of working the polish to get it off just a small area!

The Shuck's stores don't seem to carry Aircraft Remover and the nearest AutoZone is a half hour drive away. Fortunately, a neighbor hot rodder happens to know what that stuff is and told me about a shop reasonably close that carries the stuff. I'll try to pick some up next week.

sorry man, after I posted a couple times you kept saying you have been scrubbing and scrubbing with no results, so I said it once again and did the search as well. I wouldn't bother scrubing anymore until you get that stuff. not worth the effort. you will see once you do it.

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
Hey what about using that airplane stuff to remove the paint on stock 03 wheels. You know they come polish and painted silver on the outside. Would that work to strip the paint off and polish the wheel?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
:lol: shhh, don't tell anyone.

ok, guess the more than once I said what to do didn't take effect. I searched for you and here is the link. you are more than welcome to try some other process, but this will be the fastest way possible.

it was also the 2nd search result when I search as stated above.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=135300&highlight=aircraft+remover
I was being sarcastic, I've already done the mod and know very well that they are indeed chrome...

TRBO VNM

03yllwguy said:
I was being sarcastic, I've already done the mod and know very well that they are indeed chrome...

I know you were. I was being sarcastic with you. :thumbsup:

the rest of my post was directed to jpk so he had the info at the touch of a button. I saw you did the mod already.

Scott P

Established Member
Give Poorboy's new wheel selant a try. It's tough as nails and holds up very well to brake dust and grime. Polish the wheels, the add a few coats. The brake dust will stick less and the rest will wash away easily.

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
How about the 2001 Chrome wheels??? Do they have chrome underneath that layer also??? If they do I wanna do this to my 01 also.

Users who are viewing this thread