I've got a request for all you SVT'ers

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
On the other side of the coin the more grain that is turned into fuel, the more flak we take from Human Rights organizations telling us how we need to use all the crops for food production, to feed the starving, and exploding population( a valid argument but yeilds have been steadily increasing enough to compensate)

Prices at the current level $1.52 for 87octane make ethanol look more economical but three months ago it was $1.12 OPEC is predicting a glut of petrolum on the market place in June. I don't think the genral public will pay a premium for ethanol, I will and most farmers will. We ran the numbers as a grad assiment to how cheap corn would have to sell for to compete with $1.18 gas about $.80 a bu not going to happen (but keep in mind this is a new agri-business which the needed processing plants are neither built or paid for yet until that happens we do not have a level playing feild with the pertrolum industy)

Politcs plays heavily on ethanol we have been promised a plant 2 years ago, farmers have sighed production contracts, no plant
Amroy, MS can not meet producion requirments but is getting a plant anyway

Soydesiel can be blended at 98% with minimal power loss we should up the blend

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
my family and I were talking about this the other day. The US is playing the 'waiting' game like any good capitalist. Once we use all their oil, we will use our own wells and charge the shit outta these towel headed fools :) :thumbsup:

taronis

Banned
Originally posted by 94RedCobra
I'm going to make a request that you help the American economy and in a sense, do you part to help the war on terrorism.

BUY FUEL WITH ETHANOL IN IT!!!!! We are able to grow corn in the USA and turn it into our own source of fuel. We don't need to import oil from all over the world when we have our own source of renwable fuel here.

Some key points about ethanol:
(1) It is renewable.
(2) It is cleaner burning than fossil fuels.
(3) It has higher octane rating.
(4) It supports American jobs.
(5) It shows less wear on engine parts than fossil fuels (because it is cleaner burning).
(6) Because it is oxygenated, it will help you to pass emissions tests if you are worried about such a thing.

People who support the oil industry support outsourcing jobs to other countries and support sending money to many of the people who wish to harm us. Please do the right thing and support your USA economy buy supporting the renewable fuels that are produced here in the USA.

Ethanol blened gasolines, E85, and Biodisel!
Yea, if you want to hammer your pistons into slag!!! Not in my Cobra!!! Octane TOOOOO LOW!!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
If there was a cleaner gas available that my car could safely use then I'd buy it. None's available though.

We get more oil from S. America than the Middle East, many fail to realise this. Our oil dependance goes deeper than fuel as well. Oil paves the roads we drive on. Oil makes the tires, hoses, paint etc. on our cars. Oil makes that plastic water bottle you're drinking out of. I could keep going but I think you get the point.

An alternative needs to be found, true! But current R & D costs make everything unobtainable. The recent Hydrogen powered vehicle concept costs........ $1.5 mil ea. :eek: Even if mass produced that would still put it at over $30K (as reported by C&D).

My point is this, we all do need to do our part but...... a viable solution will eventually be found, just not by any of us JMHO.

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
The recent Hydrogen powered vehicle concept costs........ $1.5 mil ea. :eek: Even if mass produced that would still put it at over $30K (as reported by C&D).

In a physics class I had they converted a Buick LaSaber to hydrogen for about 400 bucks, It worked on the exact same pricipal we used on our pickups when burning LP

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
During WWII my Dad converted his Ford to run on kerosene. Drove the ration guys nuts; they thought he was buying black market gas. He would start on gas, get the engine warnm, and switch to kerosene. If there was any alchohol around, he would reserve that for drinking (ethanol) or cleaning (methanol).

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I thought you were a LEO?? What are you doing boosting vehicles?? Hmm......

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Maybe in a non boosted vehicle!

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
my family and I were talking about this the other day. The US is playing the 'waiting' game like any good capitalist. Once we use all their oil, we will use our own wells and charge the shit outta these towel headed fools :) :thumbsup:

On a similar note, I heard that Saudi Arabia has to import sand for construction use, you know, for concrete and such. As it turns out, in a country filled with sand, all of it is so wind-blown that it is too smooth to bind with construction cement.

Ironic, huh?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Blackshoe
The Middle Easterners got lucky that the lifestyle that Americans developed depended heavily on a resource that they possess great quantities of.
Actually, luck has nothing to do with it. America, England and france discovered oil and developed the methods of refinement in the middle east. The oil belongs to us. The arabs were a bunch of camel riding, tent living backward cavemen when WE discovered the oil and developed the technology necessary to aquire and refine it. You can blame liberalism for giving it to them and everyone should demand free oil from them.

We should turn the whole place to a sheet of glass and take it back.:bored: Problem solved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread