I've got 6000$ to spend on a car...

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
Last night I let my friend drive my car. He took a turn going a little to fast, went over a bump and the back end kicked lose. The car spun out and flipped over sliding on the passenger side (where i was with no seatbelt, im stupid i know) we both got out with no injuries. Now that its all mostly over its time to start looking XD

I'm probably going to get about 6000$ for my car. The things I've looked into getting are LT1s and 5.0s. What other cars are good in that range? I really don't like the looks of LT1s compared to LS1s. (I guess the trans ams still look okay, but not the camaros) There are a few LS1s for around this price range but usually with 150k+ miles .. not really what im looking for. Anyways.. help me out :d

1994 Cobra

01SlobraVert

Girlie Poster!
Established Member
I'd go for the 96-98 GT or Cobra. I wouldn't get a car w/ 150+miles on it if I were you. That 94 cobra looks nice, but personally I'd go for the 4.6L.

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
01SlobraVert said:
I'd go for the 96-98 GT or Cobra. I wouldn't get a car w/ 150+miles on it if I were you. That 94 cobra looks nice, but personally I'd go for the 4.6L.

I don't know if ill have enough money for the 96-98 Cobra..

I looked at GTs and I can get one but wouldnt a 94 cobra be better than a 98 GT?

UCBeau

you could buy a 500$ beater, get a job, and save your money up till you have 8000 or more, then buy something fun

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
you could buy a 500$ beater, get a job, and save your money up till you have 8000 or more, then buy something fun

I don't know how the insurance works, do they just write me a check for the car? Also, that car wasn't totally payed off yet. I was thinking of putting the 6000$ down on a WS6 or 99-01 Cobra and getting a loan for the rest.

UCBeau

well any amount you get should go to paying off the car, not to another car which you'd add more financing on

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
well any amount you get should go to paying off the car, not to another car which you'd add more financing on

COOL MAN TOTALLY!!!

ANyways.. back to what the topic said

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If the car was not paid off totally the check will be written to you and whoever holds the lien on the car (that would be your lender).

As has been said ..you are obviously young .. spend 500 or 1,000 on a beater .. save your money and get something more fun when you get more experience driving and can better afford stuff

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
RDJ said:
If the car was not paid off totally the check will be written to you and whoever holds the lien on the car (that would be your lender).

As has been said ..you are obviously young .. spend 500 or 1,000 on a beater .. save your money and get something more fun when you get more experience driving and can better afford stuff

I wasn't the one who crashed. I am an excellent driver if I do say so myself o_O

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I say a nice fox or 94-95 gt/cobra. Unless you are getting a cobra i would stay away from early 4.6 2V's.

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
I say a nice fox or 94-95 gt/cobra. Unless you are getting a cobra i would stay away from early 4.6 2V's.

yeah thats exactaly what I heard. I'd rather get a Fox or 94-95 GT/Cobra than get an early 4.6 I was looking through the for sale section... I'm pretty sure i'm going to get a 5.0 now. Fox or Newer :d

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
thats a good looking 94 cobra from the pics, Hows she look up close? I would say get that and mod the hell out of the engine. Keep the body stock cause 94-95 Cobras are pretty rare. Also is the title clean?

ebear

Ricer Tail Lights!
Established Member
ravenknight said:
thats a good looking 94 cobra from the pics, Hows she look up close? I would say get that and mod the hell out of the engine. Keep the body stock cause 94-95 Cobras are pretty rare. Also is the title clean?

My car was just wrecked last night so I havent even gotten an offer from insurance or anything. I was just looking online. I hope this gets sorted out soon, because i'd really like to pick up that cobra ^^

Users who are viewing this thread