ive come to this conclusion

badjuicedgt

Established Member
Ok so a buddy of mine has an 04 cobra that's pretty close to stock, I guess the way I look at it. His car has 4lb lower pulley and diff upper pulley along with cat less exhaust, anyway it has some other mods his car dynode right around 500 horse. My car is in my sig and dynode just over 600 horse, so after driving his car for awhile and seeing that his car has run a high 11 at the track. The conclusion I have come to is the lower horse power cars are easier to get down the track or just plain drag with someone, I say this because it seems like the higher horse you go your running a fine line of breaking the tires loose or anything like that. With my car if the track wasn't just right it broke loose or if the tires weren't just right it broke loose, on the flip side if it did hook and you weren't just right on the throttle you either bogged down or got out and broke loose and I rand 2 different sets of drag radials this year. So for next year I am planning on switching out the fuel system and I am going to find a set of wheels I like and go back to et streets or et drags like I ran on my old cars and hope I don't break half shafts or anything else.

Just kind of wondering if anyone else agrees that's its easier to get the lower powered cars down the track and for that reason they are trapping better et's than higher power cars. Don't get me wrong I love being able to say my car has 600 horse to the tires my goal is to get it up to atleast 700 with the return fuel system and a change in pulleys.

mkb116

Established Member
Oh boy. Yes, that's part of the sport.. part of the game. You need more practice and good tires.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
Just going by your sig but looks like you have no suspension work. If so, that would make a huge difference when trying to put the power to the ground.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Tires make a huge difference, the last time I had my car out it was with street tires after running drag radials all summer. I didn't even need to give it full throttle to break loose after being able to in 2nd and up with drag radials.

edit, see you have drag radials, don't know what to tell you. Lower horse power cars are usually easier to drive.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Thats the tough part about these cars with their positive displacement blowers. not only do they make a lot of power they make it instantly. Making it hard to hook. I used to go to the track on Drag Radials and get one good launch out of 5. After i went to a bias ply slick(MT ET Drag) ill never go back with anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread