Ive been thinking..

Foxkid87

Established Member
So the current build that i have in the works is a TT 96 cobra with a 5.0 stroker. it is a drag car but will have some street use, very little though just the weekends cruizing around town looking for a easy race to make some extra cash lol. Anyway im at the stage where im getting ready to order my heads. Shortblock is already taken care of (thanks MMR) Well as i was thinking about it, i was going to order a brand new set of castings from MMR (04 cobra heads) and the thought came across my mind of maybe just sticking with a b head set up and intake. The reasons this came across my mind are 1 it saves me 3k for the heads, 2 ill be running TT so that will help some of the mid range loss with staying b heads. Going to run twin ball bearing precision cea 6262's. 3 it saves me from buying another intake. only con to this that i know is i will have to have my current b heads checked for warping and cracks (car over heated and has a oil leak on the passenger side somewhere between the intake and head, although im not sure i havent dug into it yet but its leaking oil somewhere around that area) so i may need another set of heads anyway and after i have them checked ill be out some cash that way anyway. So i dunno what too do.. what would you do? If i do go the c head route its only going to put my build behind another month or 2. im just 2nd guessing myself i guess.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
What is the anticipated compression ratio with this setup? How much "boost"? What type of fuel do you plan on using?

Last edited:

Foxkid87

Established Member
25+psi with race gas and a street tune on pump 93 compression is roughly 9 to 1 with 04 heads. I havnt even looked into the cc size for b heads

Users who are viewing this thread