Ive been scammed

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I had a guy contact me on dsmtuners.com regarding an ad i posted for wanting to buy a wideband and a fuel pump. After several message and picture exchanges, I sent him money. I requested a tracking number as well, and he told me that wouldn't be a problem. I sent him money via paypal about a week ago, and he has not responded to any of my messages since then. He told me that he will be using fedex to ship it. I have contacted fedex, and they do not have any packages in transit to my destination address. It also shows on dsmtuners.com if the member has had any recent activity, and it clearly shows that he has logged into his account every day over the past week. I am currently filing a dispute with paypal. His screen name on dsmtuners.com is 99gsxman. His paypal address is [email protected], and his name and location on paypal is Matt Davis from Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm still trying to find the logic behind this individual's thinking.

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I agree it is quick, but I do not want to lose that money. And we had an agreement that he would send me a tracking number on 3/15, when he shipped it. And it has been almost a week, and he is not responding to any of my messages or emails.

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Did you just transfer money you had in Paypal? Usually paypal is pretty good about pulling the payment if you contact them.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
Yeah, I have already contacted paypal. They are waiting to hear back from the seller, but have not recieved any response yet.

Antagon

Established Member
A week is quick, but if he's on everyday and not replying to messages I think its the right way to go. Always pay with a credit card on paypal because they can only give you back what he has in his paypal account

RussZTT

Established Member
I agree a week is quick but it has been over 6 days that the seller said he would ship it. Since he has been on the website everyday but not responding, I would do the same thing.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
A week is quick, but if he's on everyday and not replying to messages I think its the right way to go. Always pay with a credit card on paypal because they can only give you back what he has in his paypal account

I did not know this. So if he already spent the money that i sent him, then I am SOL?

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I don't see how a week is too soon to complain. If you buy something from someone, you send the money, and the buyer should ship out the item as soon as they get the money, period.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I week is plenty of time after sending money. Especially when the guy hasn't even responded. If I don't hear anything for 7-10 days after I send the money, I'd be doing the same exact thing. Not having it shipped out ASAP is one thing...no contact from the moment I send the money is another.
Good luck with getting your stuff or your money.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I have seen you guys get some pretty good info on people using their names/email address. If you guys could possibly get some info on this person, I would greatly appreciate it.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'd be nervous buying anything online. your always taking a chance. you reported it to paypal and they should take care of the rest.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I definitely learned a lesson from this, and I am praying that I will get every cent back. I really wish I could come accross this person, or anyone who does this shit to people. I warned the site leader on dsmtuners.com that this guy scammed me, and might do it to others, and he responded saying that it doesn't affect him.

99cobra302

Established Member
if you payed through paypal, i would say that there is no being "scammed" here. if paypal agrees with you, they will give all of your money back irregardless if he has transferred it out of his account yet. if he has, they will go after him for it.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
My question? Is he a member on here or any other forum? Did you check his trader rating or did he have one? Do you have a phone number and address contact?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
don't they have escrow agents for stuff like this? (you send the money to an escrow agent, they send their part to the escrow agent and when both get there, they send the respective things to the right person)..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol @ buying stuff through dsmtuners.

only dsm parts ill buy through a forum is via DSMlink. Usually with a $650 buyin, youre less likely to throw that away by getting banned by scamming people....

Users who are viewing this thread