I've been metamanned

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
So for like the past 4 years Ive been running my Cobra around on the Metaman boost bypass V1.2. I finally got a chance today to complete the full V1.3 plus bypass the boost pump solenoid. Sorry in advance for cussing but, holy shit, HOLY SHIT. My car has always been amazing from 1st to 3rd gear but after doing the Metaman bypass, let me tell you, it felt like a whole new animal. I had gobs of power up top that I never had before. I datalogged the couple of runs I did and I had no negatives. Hope this thread isn't outta line, just felt like going on a rant.

MERICA!!!!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
He was still running the boost bypass solenoid on a ported stock blower instead of setting up the bypass valve to operate on vacuum.

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
I'd like more info on this,.. Thanks

In the how to section theres a thread, "Correct boost bypass", created by "metaman". Years ago I did the initial boost bypass he had posted which didn't include bypassing the solenoid. I finally got around to doing this yesterday. It is a solid method of doing a boost bypass that doesn't have the harmful effects on the blower that other methods have. In the article he goes very in depth on this. Check it out 03slaminator, if anything the entire thread is a very good read.

03slaminator

Established Member
In the how to section theres a thread, "Correct boost bypass", created by "metaman". Years ago I did the initial boost bypass he had posted which didn't include bypassing the solenoid. I finally got around to doing this yesterday. It is a solid method of doing a boost bypass that doesn't have the harmful effects on the blower that other methods have. In the article he goes very in depth on this. Check it out 03slaminator, if anything the entire thread is a very good read.

Ok thanks! I'll defiantly check it out. This mod won't requir a retune correct?

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
I think if one was to do this mod, it would be best to data log before and after to see what if any changes happened.

Users who are viewing this thread