iTz John's truck is almost finished take a look **56k warning**

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
okay guys this is a post that was put up by Pete over on southfloridastangs.net and his shop does awesome works and he posted progress pic's on john's truck. check it out.

posted by ONDSAUS: Well this is going to be a very long thread. I was contacted about a month ago by John that He wanted to do some touch up work on his brother in laws or cousins SVT Lightning .
Basically it was going to be only to re-do the stripes on the hood and roof , and to repair a fiberglass cover repaint and do the stripes to match the rest of the truck . I DONT like to qoute thiings with out seeing them 1st b/c nothing is ever how one says it is. Not there fault its just typical ,

Anyway I got the truck at the shop and after looking it over I felt the best thing to do is re-do all the stripes again and fix all the rock chips in the front from road debris. They also had ome issues with the bed sides so I qouted them to do the whole truck and gave the best deal I can give.
I also did this to have another job out there for you guys to check out.
1ST OF ALL Id like to Thank John for trusting in me , what I wanted to do and more importantly , being so extremely patient since this project did go as easy as I planed.

The biggest issue was the fiberglass top. For those of you who dont really understand body repairs , Fiberglass materials are a breathable fiber , meaning that once we spray primer or sealer , once it starts to cure sometimes it shrinks in the material , and causes dry areas or uneven surfaces. Thats why restoration jobs on Vettes are so damn expensive.
Sometimes we qoute the jobs fairly and it all works out great , other times we get hammerd by the material which causes alot of additional labor , and we end up eating the difference.
I wanted this truck to really come out as best as possible b/c it was a pretty clean truck to begin with and I really wanted for people to enjoy the finish as much as the actual owners.

So with all this said He are some pics of the project , Tomorrow I will need to shoot another coat of clear so I dont think I will rush it to get it done in the afternoon, Sorry John , Id rather finish it by Monday If all is well tomorrow after paint.

Here are pics of the original paint with parts being removed.

DSC09981.jpg

DSC09982.jpg

DSC09988.jpg

DSC09980.jpg

These pics are after body and prep work was done to even out the panels to repaint the Black before the stripes are layed out.

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
These pics are with the stripe work done, I ended up redoing it after I took the pictures b/c I wasn't happy with the rear top , needed to be a little wider in the middle.
Mind you it took like 4 hrs to just do the stripes . Thats not including taping the rest of the truck for the paint . Once its painted silver , the tape is carefully removed and we have to start laying down the clearcoat, wet sand to even out the edge , and clearcoat two more times.

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Here's a teaser of the lid finished. :
DSC00239.jpg

these guys do awesome work. I cant wait till john's truck is done. when he gets it we will post pics.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
It looks Purty good to me:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see it in person:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread