Itunes help, songs skipping during PC playback

Bad Chariot

Established Member
About 1.5 weeks ago my Itunes started bugging out and the songs will skip during playback on my PC. I use itunes alot for background noise and this is really frying my assss. So I de-installed Itunes and re-installed an older version thinking it was the upgraded one I just did.

No luck. So tonite I even D/L'd a whole new Music Jukebox program, uploaded 1 CD and it did the same thing. Now it doesn't happen on every song, maybe every 3rd.

I have NO issues with the playback in my ipod. Any ideas why this is happening? I have had Itunes for 7+ years and never had an issue.

I did a google search and the only remedy was the de-install/re-install of an older version. Anyone else have this issue? Ideas/suggestions?

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Sounds to me as if something on your PC is causing the HD to thrash excessively. Try a Ctrl-Alt-Del and open task manager and then look at the different processes and see if something is eating up all your system resources.

U.M.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Sounds to me as if something on your PC is causing the HD to thrash excessively. Try a Ctrl-Alt-Del and open task manager and then look at the different processes and see if something is eating up all your system resources.

U.M.

Bingo

My computer does this to, its a 7 year old dell running XP, so its an old POS and gets bogged down by stupid crap all the time.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
Ok this is ME we are talking to...LOL. I know how to shut down programs that way but WHAT programs do I shut off? I have 11 programs running 10k or more in mem usage. Right this moment I see 508M/3053M in the Commit Charge column. This is where I get lost.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
You're still on ME!?!?!?!? OH GAWD NO! You need to look at the Processes Tab on the task manager and then sort by CPU load. That should help point out the culprit.

U.M.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
no no no. as in "ME being a PC idiot" so when I see all these .exe files. I have NO f'n clue what 90+% of those are! I am using XP on a 4yr old Dell.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
no no no. as in "ME being a PC idiot" so when I see all these .exe files. I have NO f'n clue what 90+% of those are! I am using XP on a 4yr old Dell.

You almost gave UM a heart attack, don't do that :lol1:

any of the .exe's you can google the file name and find tons of sites with full profiles as to the process is. Organize them by memory (click the word) and see what is eating up the most

How much ram do you have? what processor?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a thought... did you start noticing a difference when you downloaded the newest iTunes?

If so, then it might be because of the stream from iCloud...

If you're running an older version of iTunes, then disregard.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
You almost gave UM a heart attack, don't do that :lol1:

any of the .exe's you can google the file name and find tons of sites with full profiles as to the process is. Organize them by memory (click the word) and see what is eating up the most

How much ram do you have? what processor?

I have 1.25GB ram 80GB HD thats only 40% full. P4 2.80GHz processor

I am not sure it's the memory issue, it all started happening after I D/L'd the new itunes, which I have subsequently removed. Could an additional file have been added that didn't get removed during the Un-install that could be causing the issue?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Does it skill skip around after you reinstalled an earlier version? Also, if you play music from an iPod through iTunes does it skip?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Are you running iTunes 11 or 10 still? It's possible this is a sound card driver issue...

Can you install something like winamp (or even try Windows Media Player) and see if the music plays ok through that?

Bad Chariot

Established Member
Are you running iTunes 11 or 10 still? It's possible this is a sound card driver issue...

Can you install something like winamp (or even try Windows Media Player) and see if the music plays ok through that?

My Man!!!! I tried WMP, imported the files and I have tested 2 songs. NO issues! So gonna hope this is now works.

Thanks a TON!

Users who are viewing this thread