iTSX Tuner Question

pkells

Established Member
Hi All,

I have a question that I've done a bit searching on, and Im still unsure so wanted some advice. I recently bought a 03 Cobra, and its pullied with supporting mods & has the iTSX tuner from the previous owner plugged into the obd port. Cant seem to connect to it via bluetooth is my first problem.

My main question is in terms of getting a protune from a shop. Would they use the iTSX to map a custom tune or is there something else you need? Im coming from an STi where we use the Cobb Accessport for everything.

Thanks in advance!

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
The Bluetooth issue is usually resolved by using the reset button. The issue seems to be with it waiting to be paired with a previous known device. Happens to me sometimes.

A custom tuner that is hands on should be able to program directly through OBD2 as usual. If it’s an email tune, you send the tune to the iTSX. It’s fairly straightforward.

pkells

Established Member
The Bluetooth issue is usually resolved by using the reset button. The issue seems to be with it waiting to be paired with a previous known device. Happens to me sometimes.

A custom tuner that is hands on should be able to program directly through OBD2 as usual. If it’s an email tune, you send the tune to the iTSX. It’s fairly straightforward.

Thank you! I'll have to try the reset. Assuming the tunes that are on the iTSX will not be wiped out by doing so?

specizripn

Established Member
I was able to load a BAMA tune on my car but then when I got a dyno tune the shop couldn’t get it to work with my phone, but the tuner’s son was able to load the tune with his android. Do you have another device you could try to get it to work with? I played a lot of phone and email tag with the iTSX support people and they were no help. The tuners seem to be rittled with issues.

P.S. BAMA tune was lean

Users who are viewing this thread