It's tire time...

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I tried to search but the search seems to be broken.

EDIT: Change of priorities, looking for a UHP All Season now.

So I have Boss 19x9/9.5s on my car with 255/285s. It's a daily driver that does a ton of commuting in all weather. I do 17-20k a year. I have snows for the winter on my Brembo Wheels.

I'm looking for a good tire that will last a decently long time (25k real world, not warranty miles is the target, so I can get at least 2 summers out of them) and provide good cornering feedback. I hate soft sidewalls. They completely negate all the money I've put into the suspension. Will not be doing HPDE/AutoX.

Anyways, does anyone have high mileage experience with a tire in the UHP A/S class that can help me out? I just cancelled my BFG Sport Comp 2 summers order because apparently the 340 UTQG rating is a lie, they're noisy as hell, and they burn up in 15k miles, and the fronts have been backordered since January.

I'm looking at things like the Sport Comp 2 A/S, Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S, possibly the recently released MPS A/S3+, but I heard terrible things about the tread life of the A/S3s. If there are any UHP Summers that get good treadlife and have strong steering response/stability, I'm open to that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have Bridgestone potenza S-04. They are ok. I would say ~20k on rear and pushing 25k on front.

However, you are asking for a sticky tire, with good cornering, 20k miles and state the MPSS are too expensive. You might need to give a little somewhere.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Sound like all you guys are easy on the gas, I've never gotten more than 10k out of a set of tires on any mustang.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I have. I'm editing my original post. I'm going to go with a UHP all season. I'll pay MPSS money for a tire that will go 40k miles, give me the steering feel/stability of the OEM P-Zeros, and not kill me under heavy braking.

noldevin

Established Member
You're asking too much of all-seasons. I feel like it's almost a crime to have a boss, put suspension work in, and then buy all seasons... But if they must be all seasons, I'd go with the Michelin A/S 3.

Users who are viewing this thread