It's that time again of rebuilding my mach!

SICMACH1

Established Member
I bought my mach back in 2009 with 44k miles, had some nice tasteful mods : Full exhaust, 4.56 gears, nazman ported lower intake, jlt intake.. it was tuned by dave guy.. made 307hp 309trq..
-Best ET 13.0 @109

IMAG0015.jpg

After about a year of owning the car I decided to put a poweradder:
-D1 procharger made 13lbs with a 4inch pulley lol
-Full return style full system (cobra injectors)
-had PAS in richmond tune the car made 497hp 410trq
-Best ET was 11.66 @119 hit limiter before crossing traps bc it was set at 6,000rpms (trying to keep boost down)

well that lasted for about 7,000 miles.. Car was tuned to lean up top melted part of #8 cylinder piston lol
piston.jpg

So after about a year of having the car sit I finally started putting it back together..
-Sold the d1 kit for a full eaton swap (posi)
-Had a cobra short block built with arp2000 rod bolts
-Stage 3 comp cams with crowers springs & retainers (arp head studs)
-Acufab Plenum & Single blade throttle body
-2.76 upper only (14lbs)
-Car was tuned by Jon Lund made 520hp 520trq
-Best ET was 10.81 @129 60ft 1.5 (never broke the stock 3650 Tried ALOT) still today it shifts smooth

But one night I figured I would take my car out for a little drive.. Started it to warm it up, went back inside my house for 5mins.. Come out to notice my car was idling weird.. I shut it down, hooked up my laptop that I have Ford's IDS on.. performed a relative compression test.. Found cylinder two down. did a manual compression test 0psi.. Found that my exhaust valve seat decided to fall.. lucky the valve caught it before falling into the cylinder..

Tore down the engine to have the head fix & have the other head checked out.. Then I said screw it.. Go BIG or go HOME..

-Building another short block (Cobra Crank, Rods, CP Pistons more compression)
-Arp Hardware
-kooks 1 7/8 to 3in collector
-3.4 Whipple

Hopefully have it done before mustang week this year.. I'll keep this thread updated as I go along

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
sorry to hear about the string of bad luck there but looking forward to seeing the build. Any particular power goal in mind?

SICMACH1

Established Member
Picked me up a built 3650 by hanlon.. Gorilla shifts forks, 26 spline input shaft, bronze shift pads, carbon synchro's with a sfi bell housing

132_zps1844c8e9.jpg

MachJoe

Established Member
Picked me up a built 3650 by hanlon.. Gorilla shifts forks, 26 spline input shaft, bronze shift pads, carbon synchro's with a sfi bell housing

If you don't mind me asking, was it expensive? I'm looking to get my tr3650 either built or replace it with a t56.

SICMACH1

Established Member
Had a few things sent out to be powercoated/painted

Here is a shot of the valve cover (wrinkle red) & the front cover (wrinkle black)

116_zpsb20e6ef1.jpg

I had my coil covers painted and they just turned out awesome!! (pic does no justice)

106_zpsa9b73dc4.png

Users who are viewing this thread