It's official!!

Mach1driver

Established Member
Well I just got back from the track and its official... I can't drive for $hit!!! :( I'm so disappointed in myself its pitiful, my best et was a 13.97, best mph was 102.9 and my best 60ft time was a lame 2.293. The worst part is all the folks there seeing the Mach 1 for the first time are going to go home with a totally wrong impression of the car. :cryying:

Mach1driver

Established Member
Anyone know what a 2002 non z06 vette runs in the 1/4? The guy ahead of me was driving one an ran 13.6-13.7's wondering if at least some of it was cause the track really sucked... My second run when I shifted into 3rd I thought I was gonna smack the wall the back end got so loose.

Oh, almost forgot the vette had an intake and exhaust...

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
For your first time that does not sound too bad Mach, a bit of seat time and you will improve don't worry. If i am not mistaken the vette with those mods should put down very low 13's and maybe into the high 12's. Sounds like you guys were just a lil short on traction.

Sax1031

Established Member
I saw a c5 vette driven by a 40 year old at Darlington,SC last time I was their. He told me it was stock and seemed like a business man so I will believe him. It ran 12.87@110mph. I thought it was pretty quick.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Man don't down yourself so hard. I remember my first time I lasted a whole 2 min.....Oh wait nevermind. New car = time to learn her. You will own that track with that sweet car and then everyone will know how much of a bad ass car it is.:thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
LOL Hey man it just takes time to get to know your car. :beer:
Oh so true. You'll run better, you'll see. :thumbsup:

If I ever broke into the 13s I'd have to go to church and tell the pastor I think I sold my soul and didn't know it...lol

00 YEAH

F-Body Freak!
Established Member
dont feel bad, i've had my LS1 at the track once, and ran a 14.0 3 times...all with 2.4 60' times. 102.5+ mph too. my friend stacey got in the car and pulled a 13.7 out of it on a 2.3 60' time. i cant drive -- this is my 1st stickshift car. but i'll get there....

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Oh so true. You'll run better, you'll see. :thumbsup:

If I ever broke into the 13s I'd have to go to church and tell the pastor I think I sold my soul and didn't know it...lol

LMAO!! Don't worry someday I'm sure you'll have something that runs at least 12's.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
LMAO!! Don't worry someday I'm sure you'll have something that runs at least 12's.
:coolman: Ohhhhhhh...so true...so nice. So very, very nice...thinking about it means I can't leave my desk for the next few minutes. I hope I don't have to stand up for anything.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by Mach1driver
Anyone know what a 2002 non z06 vette runs in the 1/4? The guy ahead of me was driving one an ran 13.6-13.7's wondering if at least some of it was cause the track really sucked... My second run when I shifted into 3rd I thought I was gonna smack the wall the back end got so loose.

Oh, almost forgot the vette had an intake and exhaust...

My bro has a 98 C5 M6, he running 13.50 @ 106-7, he is very new to drag racing, he has maybe 7-8 runs under his belt now and is getting better very time..
13.6 is kinda weak for a Vette with exhaust AND an intake kit. What is your elevation? Maybe that is part of the problem. BTW, I love those Mach1's keep practicing not only will you get bettter but it is fun as hell
:thumbsup:

Alex

Mach1driver

Established Member
I'm not sure what the elevation is but I don't think its even 200feet so that wasn't the problem. Think it was more traction and poor driving. Anyone have a rough guess as to how much shifting adds/subtracts from/to your times? I'm thinking that might be some of my problem, as I'm paralyzed in my right hand/lower arm and have to push/pull to shift gears.

03DOHC

Established Member
Those are pretty good times for your first time out with the car! Depending on how slow you're shifting you could have quite a few tenth's left in there would be my guess.

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Those aren't bad numbers for you 1st time w/ the car at all! Keep at it and eventually you'll be powershifting that mother into mid 13's (unless you really do suck). Good luck, kewl ass car!

Crimson Shadow

Established Member
Don't worry man you'll get the hang of it. My first track times were horrible too. How they prep the track is a major factor as well. If the track isn't hooking your just not gonna do that good. Ddid you lower your psi's in your tires? That might help, or get some drag radials etc. Practice makes perfect, its also mainly the launch. Somone once told me (not sure if its true or not) that drag racing is 70% launching. Anyways goodluck to ya next time man!

Users who are viewing this thread