Its Official, Pricing

Hey about if I own a home,Well to your ?,yes I do and by the way its PAID FOR,and Guess what I'm Building a 3600Square Foot home as we speak and about 3 weeks befor my wife and I move in,and Yes it will be PAID in Full,at a cost of $115.00 per Square foot. No We will not owe a dime on it. So to your noisesness about my personal possesions,what in the world is this your concern and what does it have to do with some-one Finiancing a Car for 10 YEARS. Now chew on that for your rude remarks inreference that you bet I do not even own my home/or Renting as you stated. Why are you so concerned about my personal Gains in life,my wife and I aquired it not YOU!!!!!!!!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Hey about if I own a home,Well to your ?,yes I do and by the way its PAID FOR,and Guess what I'm Building a 3600Square Foot home as we speak and about 3 weeks befor my wife and I move in,and Yes it will be PAID in Full,at a cost of $115.00 per Square foot. No We will not owe a dime on it. So to your noisesness about my personal possesions,what in the world is this your concern and what does it have to do with some-one Finiancing a Car for 10 YEARS. Now chew on that for your rude remarks inreference that you bet I do not even own my home/or Renting as you stated. Why are you so concerned about my personal Gains in life,my wife and I aquired it not YOU!!!!!!!!!!

now this guy gets it. work hard, live on less than you make(pay cash), invest whats left over and you will become very, very, very rich. randy congrats on the new house and the new toy, enjoy. :beer:

i dont care what anyone says, or what kind of loan you get - fianancing a deprieciating asset will not make you a dime. :bash:

Thank you for your reply,and believe me my wife and I will enjoy our 2007 Shelby Gt500,white/blue-coupe-all options ordered. It was my dream car back in the 1960s,but could not afford it then,and guess who came calling with a greeting card back in 1969,yes all our Uncle back the no other Uncle SAM,and that is the rest of my storry. Well thank God that I came home and married sweet heart ,for manny yeras and now we can Buy our Dream car the Shelby GT500,and now cruse on a back country road me and my gal,now my gorgious Wife,ridding in our 2007-Shelby GT500,and as Paul Harvey would comment and now the rest of the STORRY!!!!!!!

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Thank you for your reply,and believe me my wife and I will enjoy our 2007 Shelby Gt500,white/blue-coupe-all options ordered. It was my dream car back in the 1960s,but could not afford it then,and guess who came calling with a greeting card back in 1969,yes all our Uncle back the no other Uncle SAM,and that is the rest of my storry. Well thank God that I came home and married sweet heart ,for manny yeras and now we can Buy our Dream car the Shelby GT500,and now cruse on a back country road me and my gal,now my gorgious Wife,ridding in our 2007-Shelby GT500,and as Paul Harvey would comment and now the rest of the STORRY!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, what did it cost you out the door?

MSRP is $45,060,00,plus you have to add Taxes,Title fees,and License Plate,but I have a Personal Plate so it will transfer to my new unit. I guessing around $49,000.00,with Louisiana Taxes,and title fees. At MSRP,$45,060.00,plus 8%,on the dollar,another $3604.80,for taxes,then at least another $150.00,for title fees and license plate,and plus state inspection another $10.00,so add it up,total,I believe $48,824.80,out the door if my math is correct,not too far from,$49,000.00 as I thought.

Well MSRP with all options is $45,060.00 from what SVT /Ford Performance told me Tuesday/morning,then you add your Taxes/Ect,and now its around $48,824.80,My dealer is not doing a Product market value on it so I,m extremly lucky there,because a lot of dealers are adding an extra $20,000.00,plus to MSRP,as I assume you know.

vipergts281

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Hey about if I own a home,Well to your ?,yes I do and by the way its PAID FOR,
Ummm, what the hell are you talking about? I wasn't asking you if you owned a home. I was referring to ON D BIT, hence me quoting HIM when I asked it. :rollseyes

Randy Fontenot said:
and Guess what I'm Building a 3600Square Foot home as we speak and about 3 weeks befor my wife and I move in,and Yes it will be PAID in Full,at a cost of $115.00 per Square foot. No We will not owe a dime on it.
Wonderful.

Randy Fontenot said:
So to your noisesness about my personal possesions,what in the world is this your concern and what does it have to do with some-one Finiancing a Car for 10 YEARS.
See my first response.....again I wasn't talking to you. :rollseyes

Randy Fontenot said:
Now chew on that for your rude remarks inreference that you bet I do not even own my home/or Renting as you stated.
Haha. :lol:

Randy Fontenot said:
Why are you so concerned about my personal Gains in life,my wife
I'm not concerned about your personal life.

Randy Fontenot said:
and I aquired it not YOU!!!!!!!!!![
Oh Randy, you're my hero.

Last edited:

05GTOguy

Established Member
The GT500 does have the press machine 100% behind it though, glowing reviews, and the price isn't being mentioned much as a negative. In fact the mag's are saying best performance car for the price.

The 1st owners are gonna get raped, the price you pay to have the latest and greatest.

vipergts281

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i dont care what anyone says, or what kind of loan you get - fianancing a deprieciating asset will not make you a dime. :bash:
:lol: Did you even read that statement before you hit the "Reply" button? So wait, if you finance something that doesn't gain value, you will not make any money on it?? Well no sh*t!!
CaptainObvious.jpg

Furthermore, NO ONE every said you would make money to begin with. Stop making up your own posts.

If people paid cash for everything then most people would have nothing. Get a clue, financing is available for a reason. How does a person who makes $50,000 a year pay cash for a car, house, taxes, ultilities, food, gas, etc....

GTWill

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
a lot of dealers are adding an extra $20,000.00,plus to MSRP,as I assume you know.
a lot of dealers SAY they are adding an extra 20k but when reality hits and you realize that you are paying $69,000 for this car I think few will go through with it. Congrats on your purchase.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
:lol: Did you even read that statement before you hit the "Reply" button? So wait, if you finance something that doesn't gain value, you will not make any money on it?? Well no sh*t!!

Furthermore, NO ONE every said you would make money to begin with. Stop making up your own posts.

If people paid cash for everything then most people would have nothing. Get a clue, financing is available for a reason. How does a person who makes $50,000 a year pay cash for a car, house, taxes, ultilities, food, gas, etc....

its pretty obvious it has worked for somebody. :bash: Hey, you know what they say about financing: it's what broke people use to buy crap they can't afford! :poke:
why are you even talking to me? as i told you before i have lost my behind in financing. i am still trying to get out from under my debt. i will be debt free, because i am done making the dumb mistakes that you are suggesting. a 40k loan on any car is stupid. :burn:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
ac427cobra said:
How long have you been around? :idea:

Compared to a 2000 Cobra "R" for 56k this is a steal! Oh, and by the way, that was six years ago!?!?

You have no clue! :read:
Yeah, but i thought they only made like 300 of those. But hey, what do i know.

vipergts281

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
its pretty obvious it has worked for somebody. :bash: Hey, you know what they say about financing: it's what broke people use to buy crap they can't afford! :poke:
why are you even talking to me? as i told you before i have lost my behind in financing. i am still trying to get out from under my debt. i will be debt free, because i am done making the dumb mistakes that you are suggesting. a 40k loan on any car is stupid. :burn:
I am talking to you because you keep making comments about my posts.

I NEVER said it was the smartest thing to do, learn to how to comprehend things. I said it was an option.

:rolleyes:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
I am talking to you because you keep making comments about my posts.

I NEVER said it was the smartest thing to do, learn to how to comprehend things. I said it was an option.

:rolleyes:

its an option if you like throwing away money. i cant fault you though. a lot of people of dumb. im still feeling the effect of my stupid decisions. :uh oh:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
How long have you been around? :idea:

Compared to a 2000 Cobra "R" for 56k this is a steal! Oh, and by the way, that was six years ago!?!?

You have no clue! :read:

Except you bought a full-on race car that when it came out was compared to Vipers and Vettes. I'll take the C6 over the GT500.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03silversvt said:
Yeah, but i thought they only made like 300 of those. But hey, what do i know.

I was not speaking from a collector value standpoint. I was speaking from a performance value standpoint. Dollar value six years ago for a 2000 "R" would be similar to $60-62k today. The GT500 is clearly a bargain compared to the 2000 "R". :-D

T-Bolt said:
Except you bought a full-on race car that when it came out was compared to Vipers and Vettes. I'll take the C6 over the GT500.

I'm not sure you can call a 2000 "R" a "full on race car"? Yeah, it was a special vehicle with some pretty unique drivetrain and suspension components. It was not built to compete in any specific racing series. Yes, it came without a few creature comforts like A/C, radio and a back seat. :coolman:

This is a full on race car:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/specifications.asp

FWIW

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm not sure you can call a 2000 "R" a "full on race car"? Yeah, it was a special vehicle with some pretty unique drivetrain and suspension components. It was not built to compete in any specific racing series. Yes, it came without a few creature comforts like A/C, radio and a back seat. :coolman:

Few cars churned out within the last 6 years can match the visceral feel of it. The only thing that's close on a creature comfort level is a stripped-out EXige.

1fastdog

Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:

You are EXACTLY the buyer Ford is building the Shelby for.

I'm 54 and can absolutely relate to the situation for folks in my age bracket in 1969 as it relates to Southeast Asia.

Congrats on your making it home and on getting the car of your dreams. I hope the reality is even better than the dream.. :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread