its like a brand new car

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
well, i never really mentioned this because I just figured it was the way it was. But my car makes all sorts of howling and whining noises. I thought some of it might have to do that i don't have a lower shift boot to isolate a lot of road noise.

So I had been looking for a one in good condition when a buddy of mine suggest duct tape. I had never even thought of it. So i tried it. I put two layers of duct tape on the opening of the trans tunnel where the shifter comes through.

and OMG it is a night and day difference. No more whining, no more howling and whirring. There is still some vibrations at highway speeds, but I think I need to reclock my driveshaft and have my pinion angle changed.

That's pretty much all that's been going on since i've been gone. There is a local civic that keeps calling me out wanting to race me with me on the motor. He's got a turbo on his. I know its going to wax my ass, cause his civic is probably at mid to low 11s car. It ran on the bumper of my friend's 7.20 (1/8th mile) TT 300z and ran within 3 cars of a 6.80 (1/8th mile) mustang on a big shot of nitrous.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
tell him to unhook the turbo/intercooler pipes... because if he is running a power adder, then you should too..... import **** are gay. they spend all the money to get one as fast and a mustang is stock, then think they have some fast ass shit... ppppppaaaaa-leeeezzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeee

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
this ain't no ricer. its a sleeper for sure. and a low 11s car is far out of reach of even a moderatly modded cobra.

MOmystic

WashMOmystic
Established Member
Doug said:
this ain't no ricer. its a sleeper for sure. and a low 11s car is far out of reach of even a moderatly modded cobra.
Yeah but how much money did he drop in it to get it to go that fast?? Once a ricer, always a ricer.:D

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
On motor,no spray?

He is scared of the spray?
OH and Doug, 5.0 resto should have the lower boot, they are pretty cheap.

If not I can get you one from my cousins shop and ship it, he stocks them.

Should be less than $25 total shipped I think.

Last edited:

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Ricers are diffrent from tunners, dont get them mixed up, the civic guys a tuner. I can say i was a ricer at one, then a tuner when i had my 402Awhp dsm all while on stock motor and only spending less than $5k. Now i own a cobra, and have much more respect for them!

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, he wants to race me on 15lbs with me on motor. and 28lbs with me on spray.

we are old buddies, but i KNOW he's not going to let me live it down if he beast me...lol

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
On motor,no spray?

He is scared of the spray?
OH and Doug, 5.0 resto should have the lower boot, they are pretty cheap.

If not I can get you one from my cousins shop and ship it, he stocks them.

Should be less than $25 total shipped I think.

thanks for the heads up! I'll check in to that. I had to get a new speedcal so i'm going to have to rip the duct tape up some time soon.

bmxr152

SvT 4 LiFE
Established Member
Yeah, 28spi is a ton on those high CR honda motors, i would bet hes putting down somewhere around 380whp, depending on what turbo/intercooler combo.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
Is he beating your buddies at the track? If so, race him on the street. I've never seen an import (Talons aside) that could do anything impressive on the street, in a straight line anyway.

When street racing was still big here, we had anywhere from 15 to 9 second cars (all domestic) running on the street. We'd always hear about this import or that import, huge hype, impressive reputations would preceed these monsters. Never failed though, when one did show up with its game, and its slicks and gutted interior, they ALWAYS got their asses fed to them, usually by a stock 5.0L. The real badass ov the bunch, a very serious looking and sounding Civic actually beat a few cars, but was no match for even mildly modded 5.0L's.

This was why they had their own street racing circles, away from the domestic scene. I'm just saying, ricer, tuner, those cars are just not designed to go fast in a straight line. Even those '1000rwhp' Supra's never seem to live up to anywhere near the hype. Import math IS different. Its worth a shot!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
these races were all on the street.

In my personal experience, my car and the cars i race usually run a lot better on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread