Its good to be back.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
While I will forever miss my 600+ RWHP Terminator in Screaming Yellow, I'm finally back in the Mustang game with my new 2013 GT (400a, Premium with Recaro's and 3.73 rear)

SOme pictures because I'm a nice guy.

562903_147576872047202_222711511_n.jpg

Look at the reflection in the 5.0...
:rockon:
622401_148542248617331_2086088331_o.jpg

I added the BOSS 302 strut tower brace the day after this image was taken.

259224_148542271950662_1652317251_o.jpg

The sun is setting at KBVY, on the Terminator and the GT.

621791_148542278617328_1406893572_o.jpg

And the view most Challengers and Camaro's see...

620600_148542305283992_671421895_o.jpg

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Awesome!!! Congrats on getting back into another Mustang! That pic of the emblem is amazing.

So how do you compare this one to the Cobra?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Stock for stock, and I know some people are going to freak...

the 2013 is faster, accelerates out of the hole better and even handles better. Fit and finish is 1000000% better than the Terminator. The car is comfortable to drive top to bottom, the clutch is nearly perfect out of the box and will not require anything to make it better, unlike the Cobra where the first thing I did was a Tri-Ax. Not needed here at all. The 2013 is much easier to launch out of the hole. No wheel hop!

That being said, the Terminator sounds better, is a lot easier to get a LOT more power out of, a lot less expensive to get a lot better power out of.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
That's awesome man. I've thought many times about buying a new one. There's a lot of things I don't really like about the Cobra; comfort being towards the top of that list. The clutch is impossibly stiff in my car (upgraded) and the shifter is in a terrible location no matter what you use for a handle. On the other side it's a freaking power house for cheap.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
The only reason I sold mine is because I moved back to MA from NH, and insurance on the Cobra was going to rape me, not to mention that NH is a bit more easy on the whole no-cat thing...

The worst thing is when I sold it, it was immediately sold again to a 16 year old kid for his birthday who then two weeks later wrapped it around a telephone pole from what I have been told... I put a lot of time and energy into that ride.

But the GT is sooooo much better with the exception of the that whole instantly add power thing. Then again, the Cobra's are now 10 years old...

DWalker

Established Member
stock for stock, and i know some people are going to freak...

The 2013 is faster, accelerates out of the hole better and even handles better. Fit and finish is 1000000% better than the terminator. The car is comfortable to drive top to bottom, the clutch is nearly perfect out of the box and will not require anything to make it better, unlike the cobra where the first thing i did was a tri-ax. Not needed here at all. The 2013 is much easier to launch out of the hole. No wheel hop!

That being said, the terminator sounds better, is a lot easier to get a lot more power out of, a lot less expensive to get a lot better power out of.

+1000000

hurikane85

Established Member
have fun! i did the same thing... in a perfect world I could have both... but I also like having a hot wife to come home too...

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
The only reason I sold mine is because I moved back to MA from NH, and insurance on the Cobra was going to rape me, not to mention that NH is a bit more easy on the whole no-cat thing...

The worst thing is when I sold it, it was immediately sold again to a 16 year old kid for his birthday who then two weeks later wrapped it around a telephone pole from what I have been told... I put a lot of time and energy into that ride.

But the GT is sooooo much better with the exception of the that whole instantly add power thing. Then again, the Cobra's are now 10 years old...

I hear ya man. I'll be making that same move on the first of September. Cobra will probably go altogether. Just can't justify having that expensive of a second car after buying a house. Sucks to hear about yours though.

Is it me or are the pictures not appearing?

I have the same issue. I've never been able to display images from that source in Firefox for some reason. Try another browser.

If you're viewing this page from work your company may have blocked the site he's hosting these pics from.

texaswrx

Established Member
Welcome back. While i still miss my 04 Cobra, the 2011 GT makes the pain a little less. The race red almost looks like my old torch red.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I think only "track pack" officially come with strut brace. Mine didn't come with one either and mine is loaded the other way with all creature comfort. I had to install a ford racing brace as soon as I got mine.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread