Its Dyno time.....who wants in

Joe5.0

Established Member
He said 700$ for the gears and instilation. I dont know if a programmer for the speedo is included in the price or not...ill call tmmrw. Any other places?

Tylerb59

Established Member
I was going to take my car down south to All Ford Performance in Vancouver, WA to get my gears installed. They know their stuff, the only problem is that they're so damn far away.

They've installed gears for $250 (labor) for several people on Stangnet. I've been down to their shop once before last year on a cruise, pretty nice. Everyone up here likes to rape you price wise. :nono:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Does anyone know if the sniffer over at CC has been fixed and if not, how's the new place in Marysville or the one in Tacoma? I, for one, will definitely need the A/F checked so this is a must for me. Plus, what are the price-points for the runs (what the price for each during the last dyno day over at CC (how many participants, number of runs included in price, etc)?

If at all possible, so we can have as many people to get the best prices, let's schedule for everyone.

Greg, did you get the blower back/installed? I'll just give you the congrats now on being the first of us in the 500/500 club:beer:

Rick, I got the bolts for you.

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Christian
Go with the O2 sensor. In the long run it will ease your mind knowing the a/f reading you got was accurate. I dont think any of us have gone to CC since the last time so the sniffers accuracy is still in doubt.
Cobra longblock - $7,000-10,000
O2 sensor work - $100-200
CC's price was 3 runs for $80, I think. That was using the sniffer. I found out shortly after, through RWTD, that the sniffers reading was off. Sure enough. I went back the next week and asked for the O2 sensor and the 2 readings weren't even close! Unless the dyno operator is willing to prove/calibrate the dyno readings against one of our cars then using the sniffer is worthless. There are too many variables using the sniffer. Sure, someone has figured it all out but it seems most operators are not cleaning or properly maintaining these tools. For the amount of work and money I'll be spending I bought my own insurance. Using the Dynojet WB kits gives me confidence plus I can tune anytime I want. No appointment needed. Sure hp/tq numbers are cool but if you need to tune that beast then accuracy is a must. Remeber. Detonation is not always audible.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread