Its all over

SVTcobra2

Established Member
Well, after thinking that i had fixed my problem and trying to sell it the cobra decided to start smoking lightly again. I didnt want it to develop more and didnt want to screw someone over so i got fed up with it and traded it in. I actually didnt do too bad on the trade in and got a 07 GT. I miss the cobra and almost regret it, but the car seemed like it wasnt going to last. The transmission may have started making noises too. Anyways, its over and i got a new car. The color is alloy metallic. It wayyy different than the cobra. Its slower right now, but the clutch is soo different and it shifts like butter. I guess im gonna have to learn things about this car now. Only had the cobra for 6 months:(

FRiCK

Banned
i kno the feeling....not about my car falling apart...but ive had my car since july and here i am possibly selling it, trying to break even and get a termi......

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i was thinking about getting a 03 or 04, but i want the warranty for now. i lost about $2500(plus all other stuff($1000+)) in the 6 months, but if i had to repair it it would be $6000 for the motor, and then new front tires, new passenger seat belt, new mid-pipe, tranny might be having problems....i hated doing it, but the car was about to kill me. it was turning into a money pit.
DSC_1153.jpg

it was beautiful

Last edited:

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, what'd they give you for your trade?

CobraG

Established Member
How do you like the new Mustang over all? How is the ride? Accleration? Are they bigger inside? If my Cobra keeps acting up I may be trying to go down the same path as you.
Why are you sad though, you got a new car which I've heard is the smoothest driving Mustang ever. And the new ones aren't far behind in hp/tq from our Cobra's.

hawkti

Established Member
I won't get on you for going to the new gt. My buddy has a 06. He's done alot to it aside from pi on it. Oh yea, and gears. But he's done full exhaust, pulleys, intake throttle body. He didn't get it dynotuned, but he put a diablo box tune on it. It has alot more room on the inside than mine.
Not bad, but he doesn't know how to drive right, and I hand him his ass everytime. Well I used to, now I live in another state.
But anyways, good luck These things do turn into money pits, they all do. Yours will start in about 6 months when you start to mod.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Well, I'm glad you got out of a mechanically bad car and into something new. But I hate hearing all the negative stories about all the New Edge owners lately!!

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i actually got $13500 out of the cobra. they started at $11000 and with some talking went to $12500 and refused to move on the price. we said $13500 and the car is sold...10min later they said yes. overall im paying about $10500 more to get in the GT.
the cobra was beautiful, but the GT is more advanced. pretty much everything on it is better. clutch is like a feather(still getting used to it), shifts like butter, handles good(maybe even better). the cobra was a little faster, but that can be fixed.i love the color i got and eventually with some wheels it will looks just as good if not better than the cobra. plus, i have a 75000mile warranty which includes supercharging it. so i can get about 450hp(maybe more?) out of it under warranty.

this is the car, but its a dealer's pic and ill get better ones. overall, i like the car.
3201547329.233018953.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

CobraG

Established Member
i actually got $13500 out of the cobra. they started at $11000 and with some talking went to $12500 and refused to move on the price. we said $13500 and the car is sold...10min later they said yes. overall im paying about $10500 more to get in the GT.
the cobra was beautiful, but the GT is more advanced. pretty much everything on it is better. clutch is like a feather(still getting used to it), shifts like butter, handles good(maybe even better). the cobra was a little faster, but that can be fixed.i love the color i got and eventually with some wheels it will looks just as good if not better than the cobra. plus, i have a 75000mile warranty which includes supercharging it. so i can get about 450hp(maybe more?) out of it under warranty.

this is the car, but its a dealer's pic and ill get better ones. overall, i like the car.
3201547329.233018953.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I like it, what's the sticker on a new one? Nice color too. Sometimes (when mine breaks) I think about going that route, I was thinking about a blue one with the 18" chrome wheels.
How is it compared to the Cobra speed wise, I know you said not as fast but is it pretty close?

SVTcobra2

Established Member
well, its close enough to not matter...plus the cobra had a exhaust and intake...this is stock. new ones are like $28000+. i wanted the 18" wheels, but that was not enough to not make me buy the car. its hard to find one that fits perfect. i found a blue one with the wheels, but it was tan interior:nonono:. i like the color of the car and interior and the wheels will be changed anyways.

i think ive heard that these handle just as much,if not more HP as a cobra on a stock engine.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
My boss has one just like that, same color and everything, just with the 18's. Sweet car dude, congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread