Its alive

Rob Smith

So it fired up no probs, no leaks, no check engine lite etc. Dynoing Mar 20th. Heres a pic of the engine bay, 100 break in miles so far :rockon: . Any guesses on numbers? It put 420 to the tires with the stock block and 10 psi, so with 4-6 more lbs (2.95 from 3.33) and 25 added cu in, and probably alittle more timing with the forged pistons, I'm guessing right around 500. What do you guys think?

enginebaynew.JPG

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by 5LVENOM
c'mon guys no guesses?
sweeeeeeeeet i love rio red. nice choice in colors. you should surpass 500 with some tweaking:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Liv4Spd

Established Member
My guess is would be just under 500. Still very respectable numbers! :beer:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Very nice and clean looking. Post numbers when u get them. I am curious to see some track numbers as well.

Rob Smith

Thanks guys will do on the dyno numbers, date is Mar 20th. Its a B50 sportsman 302 block with CHPs street fighter pro kit ( all forged dished girdled ARPed), e-cam/1.7s, crane springs, trick flow pushrods iron gt-40s, cobra intake, pro-m 80 42s, AFPR, 255hp intank headers offroad pipes etc. gonna run the 2.95 on the blower instead of the 3.33 which I saw 10psi before, and the motor is a 327 now.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Did you port your heads? You should, or get some aluminum heads. What blower are you using? Ever thought of boring it .030 over to make it into a 331?

I think you should see 520 to the wheels with about 540 tq.

Rob Smith

I couldn't see boring a brand new block .030 over for 6 cu in., so for now it'll just be a 327, and as far as porting goes, nothing is ported, wouldn't port GT-40s anyway, I'd get some highports or AFR205s 1st. And yes I know heads will make all the difference, combined with a better cam, but its a street car, and I figure the power is going to be more then my T-5 is going to handle as well as the stock axles and limited slip. So until the drivetrain is completely done, I'm going to make due with what I got, its been down for 8 months, and the wife has me in the doghouse over the car.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Ah, i understand. I wouldnt be too confident in the t-5 if you are pushing that much power. Maybe do the G-Force rebuild if you want the cheapest route instead of buying a new tremec or something like that. I dont i would bore a new block over for 6 cu in either.

Good idea to stay on the safe side with the stock drivetrain. Im most worried about my rearend once i get my work done. I dont have the money for a new rear. As for the wife, i'm sorry bro...you arent the only one! My girlfriend is really jealous that im putting so much into my cobra, but hey, its worth it.

Rob Smith

I hear ya, yeah I planned on the G-force, and shes already aware its coming, so thats good. Now if I could do the vagina mod to the car, I could ditch the wife.

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 5LVENOM
I hear ya, yeah I planned on the G-force, and shes already aware its coming, so thats good. Now if I could do the vagina mod to the car, I could ditch the wife.
:lol: :lol: Im not on the prowl for that one yet, right now the girlfriend knows her place, plus she has a cobra too and she understands my passion for both her and the cobra.

Honestly, if you cruise the Corral classifieds, you can find Tremec 3550's and TKO's for damn cheap. Good luck. I want to know what numbers you get. Im having a similar setup soon, need less than $1000 more!

Rob Smith

Right on, whats the set-up and what else do you have left? I have my heart set on the G-force, not the tremecs, dont want to modify the crossmember and driveline, new clutch etc. I'm in no hurry to ditch the wife, only been married a year and a half, plus shes 8 1/2 years younger :-D

Users who are viewing this thread