It's a sad, sad day...

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
I never thought it'd happen to me...but listen to this shyte day of mine (I have to vent!)....

...I'm on my way home to grab some stuff before going to the emergency room for some sort of gallbladder thing...i'm in massive pain...

...In rush hour Houston traffic, the car in front of me runs over one of those bumpers that are on the back of semi's that prevent you from sliding under the trailer...the STEEL bumper flies up, smashes the front of my car and blows out my tire...

...I can barely control the car, so I pull quickly over to the shoulder, put on my hazards and inspect the damage...

...bent my licence plate in half...cracked the front bumper...busted out the right fog light...slashed my right tire and cut a 1" gouge in my rim...

But it gets better.

...This is the one day of my life I've forgotten my cell, so I figure someone will stop to help me...they just look at me like they're dumb cattle and continue driving...FINALLY an off-duty fireman pulls over and lets me use his cell...THANK GOD.

...I can't change my tire...traffic is way too close and way too fast...so I'm on his cell calling for a tow...and we're both watching as car after car nearly hits my SAFELY parked car....we move forward about 200 yards just in case...and then it happens.

Some dumb BITCH decides she's going to pass on the RIGHT. She sees my car parked on the shoulder, swerves back into traffic while locking her brakes and gets PLOWED from behind by some poor dude in a POS Chevy pickup. After her car narrowly misses mine and rolls past it, the Chevy hits the back of my car.

Isn't that just fabulous? Needless to say, I didn't make it to the hospital...and now my poor car is the the one that needs an operation!!

:-(

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
WOW!!! I am sooooo sorry to hear that. Seems my bad luck has gone in your direction. I'll put that on a leash now! ;) Hope things get better.

TrophyCar

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
Originally posted by TrophyCar
WOW!!! I am sooooo sorry to hear that. Seems my bad luck has gone in your direction. I'll put that on a leash now! ;) Hope things get better.

TrophyCar

Thank you...it's been surreal. Now I'm seriously considering getting an SUV - people here drive way too crazy!

Captain Hook

Established Member
Man I do feel for you. That is most definately a bad day. The only thing I can suggest is get the car home and go take care of yourself at the hospital first. The car can be fixed. Then I would look for an Expedition 4x4. people will definately try to avoid that monster SUV.
Good Luck to you!

Cobra4pt6

Banned
i've been waiting for someone to rear end my cobra at a high rate of speed.....once they do, i'll be lookin for the perfect 03 cobra to satisfy my needs.....

bouncer18

Established Member
i learned a valuable lesson...

when you got good luck.. it usually leads to something bad happening...

but..

when you gotbad luck, something always good comes out of it at the end..

it sucks to hear it.. and as soon as i read the part where you pulled on the side of the road i knew what the following paragraphs were gonna be about...

shit will work out.. ;)

Spiffy668

Established Member
Originally posted by trplblacksnake
dounfd likr domronr nrrfd to go buy a new 2003 cobra

sounds like someone needs a new keyboard. :D

Sorry about your car, but its replaceable and you are not. Just be glad you weren't in it when all that happened.

nuxx

Established Member
OMG Dana I'm so sorry. I know I wished you good luck before you went to the ER, but I should have wished you good luck with rush hour.:(

Any estimates on the car yet?
-Peter

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Damn...that's a helluva day. Sorry to hear about the car, but glad you are still around to post about it. The car can be fixed/replaced.

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
Hi Dana, Glad you are ok. Sorry about your car, but it can be replaced, you can't. Sounds like it's time to put the Cobra in the garage for weekends and get a daily driver SUV for the road wars! Hope everything works out ok for ya :)

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
A quick update...

Soo....Friday afternoon I was admitted to the hospital and they removed my gallbladder that evening via a lathroscope. I was back home Saturday and am now in recovery mode.

Although I don't have pics of my car...I DO have pics of my gallbladder being removed! I don't think I'll post them...they're pretty gross. (but still cool)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
OMG!!!!!!:nonono: I cant believe that someone has worse luck than myself...sorry to hear of your horrible day, hopefully everything will work out for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread