It was murder I tell you...

Venomous03

Established Member
So I am minding my own business on the way home from work today. Not so happy that I had to work late, but enjoying the light traffic as a result. Anway, a tinted VW Golf starts to pace me. I am thinking that I am just imagining him pacing me. I usually believe that EVERYONE wants to race me, it is just the feeling I get with this car. Conspiracy aside, this dude really wanted to run. He kept bliping the pedal and looking at me. I am thinking, I am just going to leave this poor confused guy alone. Well, he makes the same turn I do and hits it hard spinning around the corner. I take the corner slow and just laugh. After a few more minutes of his pathetic atempts, it showed him what a forced induction car can do in cold weather. I hit it so hard that I went sidways in 2nd and before I know it I am at the top of 4th and 15 cars ahead. The dude did not come close after that. IT WAS MURDER!

Mike-SVT

Established Member
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, he was just goading you into putting on a display of that HP and showing him how much of your back tires you could burn off in one run?

I wonder if he spent the rest of the day standing around the water cooler laughing at how easy it was ?

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Mike-SVT
did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, he was just goading you into putting on a display of that HP and showing him how much of your back tires you could burn off in one run?

I wonder if he spent the rest of the day standing around the water cooler laughing at how easy it was ?

:dw: I bet he was telling everybody how he got an 03 Cobra driver to burn off his tires by acting like a dumb ricer! I'm pretty sure that Venomous didn't care that he burned some of rear tires off to get that darn pesky VW off his butt!

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Mike-SVT

I doubt that was the case. There was this guy that had a turbo bug back in highschool... He would swear to me up and down that it would smoke an LS1.

The guy in the VW Golf may have been trying to instigate Venomous just so he'd put on a smoke show for him, but, 9 times out of 10, the idiot in the car thats out to race through traffic like he's got something would truely be stupid enough to think he could beat a Cobra, or any other HIPO'ed car for that fact.

Besides whats it matter if Venomous did take off anyway? He bought the car to have fun in it and thats exactly what he was doing, so either way it shouldnt make much difference to you.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Regardless of the VW's intentions, it's a great excuse to open up the Terminator! Sometimes I find myself finding any excuse to lite up the 315 Sumi's. Gotta live up to the name! (Pyro)

ModsAway

Established Member
Personally I think you exercised great restraint, it would not have taken me that long to smoke that fool. :burn:

Personally I will stomp on it for anyone and everyone because I do it with no one around anyway just for me :burnout:

Of course this is only conditions permitting though, I hate people that horse around in traffic, this is how accidents happen. :nono:

Play hard but play safe.

Last edited:

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
nice!
where in michigan was this? Your not from the oakland county area are you and happened to run a silver 01 today on woodward with your girl in the car?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread