It took me 3 minutes to make this post (not including typing time)

LSWHAT??

Hey all,

I know this has been discussed several million times but I have to vent......

First, let me say this is by far my favorite site on the internet, great info and discussion about my favorite possession. I realize this is an invaluable resource to anyone that gives a damn about SVT's, and although I am unable to pay to update this site to lightning fast speed I have contributed what little cash I could.

It took me over 3 minutes to be able to make this post, and it also takes approximately 1-3 minutes for me to load this sites homepage when I decide to come on here. In comparison, google loads in 3 seconds, hotmail in 5, yahoo in 7 and ebay motors in about 2. I'm not looking to make anybody mad, or blame anybody for this, just hoping for a small explanation as to why it takes so damn long for me to post, or even get the webpage on this site. Sometimes I forget what I'm going to say when I reply to people's questions! :smmon:

I would also like to thank SID and everyone else that runs this site for allowing it to continue in operation.

Before anyone :burn: , I really don't have any expertise in web hosting and don't know why this would be happening other than the fact that SVTP has alot of users (i.e. volume), but so does Ebaymotors, Yahoo and Hotmail :shrug: (I know they have the bankroll to have the best hosting though!).

Anyone else have this problem on a regular basis? My internet connection is 100 mbps...............

badass98vert

Established Member
yes, i deffinately notice it. same internet connection speed as you. it seems, though, that it has been getting worse. i dont remember it being like this when i first joined.

LSWHAT??

Sweet, I'm not the only one. However, I went down stairs and ate a sandwich, came back up here and the home page loaded in 30 sec and I was able to make two posts in less than 30 secs each. It is off and on for sure; sometimes it runs like a champ other times it bogs down (kinda like my cob hehe!)

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
TheAntiRice96 is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
TheAntiRice96
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheAntiRice96
Send email to TheAntiRice96
Find More Posts by TheAntiRice96
Add TheAntiRice96 to Your Buddy List

vBulletin Message

Cancel Changes
Quick Reply
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted
Okay
Edit: LAG FTW
Most users ever online was 1,915, 08-09-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
maybe its all the users who join just to bitch about how gay mustang are or etc. they have 1 or 2 posts. they do take up band width.

LSWHAT??

azgardia said:
TheAntiRice96 is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
TheAntiRice96
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheAntiRice96
Send email to TheAntiRice96
Find More Posts by TheAntiRice96
Add TheAntiRice96 to Your Buddy List

vBulletin Message

Cancel Changes
Quick Reply
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted
Okay
Edit: LAG FTW
Most users ever online was 1,915, 08-09-2006 at 11:13 AM.

What is this man? Yeah, the above post from me talking about how it was loading quicker wasn't going through so I just closed the webpage and it went through anyway? :pop:

hehe, I actually read it, was that an attempted joke? you can't get anything by my sharp mind :coolman:

:lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
TheAntiRice96 said:
What is this man? Yeah, the above post from me talking about how it was loading quicker wasn't going through so I just closed the webpage and it went through anyway? :pop:

hehe, I actually read it, was that an attempted joke? you can't get anything by my sharp mind :coolman:

:lol: :lol:

I got the error page, hit back hit the button got that :-\

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
The slowness comes and goes. Today the site is pretty quick so far.

The sheer number of users and messages in the database is bound to make it slow. However, I think we need to take more drastic action to help keep this site running smoothly.

It's been suggested that the increasing number of trolls, ricers, jerks and tools be banned to help eliminate some of the unnecessary traffic. I think this is a good start.

It would help eliminate some of those long arguments that go on for dozens of pages which waste space and bandwidth. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of the ricers coming on here just to start a war about how much better their S2000's, 350Z's, and RX-8's are.

Doing this would also help clean up the site and help it become a place for enthusiasts to gather, kind of like it used to be years ago.

I'm a member of a couple other car sites and they're much more civilized than here. Don't get me wrong, I think SVTP is one of the greatest car sites around and a huge resource of information. It's just as this site becomes more popular, we're seeing more riff-raff join.

It's kind of like living in a nice neighborhood and watching bums, gangs, and drug-dealers slowly move in. Pretty soon there are whores and crack dealers on every street corner and there are Meth labs in your neighbor's basements. Drive-by shootings go up, your property value goes down and you can't let your children play outside anymore.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I'm digging into the issue right now but it's looking like it could be VBPortal that's slowing things down.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
could the board need maintenence? I know that boards need that periodically, to keep things flowing. With the sheer volume this board gets, I would think it needs it more.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
nckissfan said:
could the board need maintenence? I know that boards need that periodically, to keep things flowing. With the sheer volume this board gets, I would think it needs it more.

We do routine maintenance including periodic recycling of services. RAM is AOK. Normal usage is 2.1GB out of a total of 4GB.

The big hog is MySQL.

Users who are viewing this thread