It looks like we have another option to our T45 besides GForce

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
sounds like a winner! thanks for the link man!!!

If I were you boys, I'd seriously look into this!!!

I love my 3550, but I may want to upgrade..those are nice!

calwyglfer

Established Member
So what are the estimates on price for complete kit ready to install? I am wanting to get rid of my T56 ASAP how soon will these be avalible?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by calwyglfer
So what are the estimates on price for complete kit ready to install? I am wanting to get rid of my T56 ASAP how soon will these be avalible?

What's wrong with your T56?

Wildpony

Established Member

I just called D&D Transmissions in Mich.(248)735-6220 and got some prices for a '98 Cobra. Here is what they gave me:

Tremac TKO 500 (500 TQ rated)- $1559
Tremac TKO 600 (600TQ rated)- $1589 (yes $30 more):rockon:

These bolt right in and maintain my STOCK driveshaft. Here is the only catch- You need a new bellhousing for these which go for $299.

If you read the article it showed that it comes with their own style "billet shifter" (I guess like a Hurst,Steeda,Pro 5.0) ..

Also they work with electronic trannies for the '99& up cars..

They didn't have them in yet and I didn't ask them. Sorry.

NOT to jump the gun but I think this is one HELL of a deal. For once we can get something decent for these cars without paying a ton..

:beer:

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
I just called D&D Transmissions in Mich.(248)735-6220 and got some prices for a '98 Cobra. Here is what they gave me:

Tremac TKO 500 (500 TQ rated)- $1559
Tremac TKO 600 (600TQ rated)- $1589 (yes $30 more):rockon:

These bolt right in and maintain my STOCK driveshaft. Here is the only catch- You need a new bellhousing for these which go for $299.

If you read the article it showed that it comes with their own style "billet shifter" (I guess like a Hurst,Steeda,Pro 5.0) ..

Also they work with electronic trannies for the '99& up cars..

They didn't have them in yet and I didn't ask them. Sorry.

NOT to jump the gun but I think this is one HELL of a deal. For once we can get something decent for these cars without paying
a ton..

:beer:

I wonder how stiff they will be while shifting though....

Wildpony

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
I wonder how stiff they will be while shifting though....

FARMINGTON HILLS, MI — The new line of TREMEC TKO 5-speed transmissions was designed with flexibility in mind. All models come standard with an electronic and mechanical speedometer pick-up. Other standard features include a neutral safety switch and a back-up light sensor. Adding to the flexibility is a high-performance, billet aluminum, short-throw shifter. This specially designed shifter isolates road noise, while providing a clean crisp feel. The shifter has a unique biasing system, which is adjustable to fit any driving preference. Consistent with all TREMEC transmissions, shift stops are not necessary, since the stops are internal to the transmission.

The shift forks were completely redesigned and are now all made from cast iron and use a three-pad contact system, virtually eliminating any deflection,” continued Mr. Vieth.

Hopefully they will be fine:)

Wildpony

Established Member
I don't think the price is too bad myself and I always bit*h about how much places charge on Cobra parts..

D&D will probably be as cheap as anyone (they usually are).

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my old style 3550 shifts fine. THey aren not as harsh as people make them out to be.

Firm and Positive would be better words to describe it; not harsh.

The prices are good considering a 3550 is rated at 425 and is priced at what? 1100 and hte TKO is rated at 475 is priced at 1300? For 230$ you can add 200tq to the rating of a 3550.

If my 3550 ever breaks, I will seriously look into buying one of these.

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
Yeah the T45 is only rated at 325 ft lb . I think those were selling for $1200 or so when they were available. For another $400 I can almost double the TQ rating...

calwyglfer

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
What's wrong with your T56?

Nothing is wrong with my T56. I am a drag racer and now that the car is not my daily driver i don't need it. The T56 is heavier and more moving parts. When i put the car on the dyno it lost about 12hp compared to the T45. Since it's heavier and lost power i don't need that holding me back from better times.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Nothing is wrong with my T56. I am a drag racer and now that the car is not my daily driver i don't need it. The T56 is heavier and more moving parts. When i put the car on the dyno it lost about 12hp compared to the T45. Since it's heavier and lost power i don't need that holding me back from better times.

well, your not going to gain anything with a these new trannys. I could feel a big difference at low rpms when I put the 3550 in. The internals are beefier than the t45, which robs torque. But once it started moving, it rolled! just ask a couple ls1s that got a taste of a sprayed cobra :D

Users who are viewing this thread