It is now Officially On!!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Not that it was any surprise after Rick Wagoner's comments on 60 Minutes. He and Bob Lutz were both guests on the show, and when the Camaro Concept came up in conversation he said "We would be crazy if we didn't build it."

This is then followed by this from GMHTP.

2009camaroago9pp.jpg

So what exactly is this doing in here, is what I can hear being said. I can tell you exactly what it is doing here, it is making all of excited. Why you might ask? Well now Ford has an ever growing reason to build faster lighter vehicles to compete.

The Ford vs. Chevy battle is on once again, and I think this one will be for the books.

I will be attending a special private unveiling of the new Camaro late this month at which time I anticipate even more will be known about the Camaro. I will pass what ever I can on to you all.

I am excited as hell if you can't tell, I just can't wait to see meaner and faster cars out there.

Last edited:

grinner

duuude
Established Member
wow
that'll put em just a decade behind the competition.
I can't figure GM out. Just when I think their plan is to file chapter 11 they go and do what they shoulda done a looong time ago, making me then think they are just stupid and that chapter11 wasn't part of the plan at all.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
ya and you know what this means...prices on new cars will go down b/c every dealership/company will want their car out on the streets and not at the lot!!! wooo hooo....this pic of the camaro reminds me of the original '05 concept stang....how how it looks sweet but oh how it won't look anything like this when it comes out! bwa ha ha!

2k1cobra

Established Member
Looks like the Shelby Gt500 isnt gonna be the only heavyweight. Its gonna be too late for GM in 2010.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
grinner said:
wow
that'll put em just a decade behind the competition.
I can't figure GM out. Just when I think their plan is to file chapter 11 they go and do what they shoulda done a looong time ago, making me then think they are just stupid and that chapter11 wasn't part of the plan at all.

GM also has a checkered past for pulling the plug on cars when they get them just right. Remember the Fiero GT? GM finally got it right in I think '87, then canned it the following year.
DOH!

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
gmynko said:
Good - if its true it'll keep the cost of the Shelby down.

all of the shelby's will have been built and sold before the camaro is even designed. how exactly will that keep the cost of it down??

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Why is this in the GT500 Thread? Anyway I still think it will get cut before it ever hits production.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hasnt it already been noted(ON VIDEO) that SVT is NOT dead??? and this isnt really any big news, everyone knew it was coming even when the rumors had just started about a concept being shown. GM was stupid that they didnt (re)produce it before, and would be stupid if they still didnt. i dont think theres much doubt that they will ever take the crown from the stang in total sales but every sale they take from the stang counts.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
all of the shelby's will have been built and sold before the camaro is even designed. how exactly will that keep the cost of it down??
because some people will pass on the GT500 to get the camaro. Less demand = lower price.

2k1cobra

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
It looks a helluvalot better that any Camaro they have built in decades.
Agreed, but it still looks as big if not bigger than a GT500. Atleast its not as plain looking as most z28's. :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread