It has awaken!

C Weil

Established Member
Get the header gaskets from Ford or reuse the ones that were on the car if they're in good shape. They should be the ones that are three layers with a steel layer in the middle. Those are the ones you want to use.

Aftermarket header gaskets are junk.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
1st tune had detonation everywhere. I had to add fuel for WOT but I still had the rattles at 1/2 throttle. I may still need a 3rd tune. I thought I heard a little bit of pinging but I didnt see my a/f. I'll be testing some more today.

Joe5.0

Established Member
C Weil said:
Get the header gaskets from Ford or reuse the ones that were on the car if they're in good shape. They should be the ones that are three layers with a steel layer in the middle. Those are the ones you want to use.

Aftermarket header gaskets are junk.

Well S*** are you positive?

Joe5.0

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
1st tune had detonation everywhere. I had to add fuel for WOT but I still had the rattles at 1/2 throttle. I may still need a 3rd tune. I thought I heard a little bit of pinging but I didnt see my a/f. I'll be testing some more today.

Sweet deal greg. Cant wait to see you run at the track, and maybe get a ride in your car!

BTW: I went down to Kent with a buddy from school on saturday and wow there was over 150 cars there. No Muscle, just imports, but there were some REALLY fast S2000's and Wrx Sti's. It was just like the movie everyone lined up there cars and raced for a good 45 minutes, then we the cops came, everyone ran to there cars and took off. Man it was Sweet!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Well she's runnin real hard right now. Had my first kill this am. Too bad it was another Cobra. Saw him get on I-5 so I got behind him and it was on. Saw him checkin his rearview for a few and he knew what I had so he hit it. I was waitin for him in 3rd going 65. He didnt even have a chance. I saw his exhaust go rich when he tried to leave me but he realed in before it started. Took about a second before I damn near ran into his bumper. Eased up a bit and we went again. This time I was a good distance back so it took about 2 seconds to real him in again. He steeped over to the center lane and we went again. PEACE OUT BRUTHA!!! I left him so bad! Got 5 cars before I let out and called uncle for him. Never thought I'd see a Cobra fall back so fast. I bet he didn't either! Wouldn't you hate that if you thought you had the cats meow(like most of us do) and some big dog shows up on your bumper!
You guys are going to love upper/lower/ported blower combos!
BTW- Spun'em in 3rd while leaving him! :beer:

venomus 03

Established Member
Gosh Greg,
sounds like that thing is running really hard! Good thing I am getting rid of mine or I would definatley be kenne bell all the way. Ohh well some new plans in store :rockon:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm still in disbelief. Maybe he had a bad tune. Either way these cars are animals when modded!
BTW- I'm on a 91 octane tune till James get my data logs and perfects the tune.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
oh....hmmm, you need to stop him next time and show him the light..the light to the West section..lol....

And Venomus, dont be scared....lol...hey you have the baby yet?

rick

Users who are viewing this thread