Issurance companies in the UK

Jens03GT

Established Member
No insurance offered for GT's and Cobras in the UK

For the passed couple of days I have been calling different insurance companies doing price comparisons. I am losing my mind.
Almost every insurance company has told me that they do not and will not insure a GT or Cobra. They act like it is forbidden. They said that 4.6L is way to powerful and people should not be allowed to drive those cars until they are 25. I wanted to scream so badly. Feel free to comment on this. Does anyone understand my frustration?:bash:

Last edited:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Wow, where do I sign up to bitch slaps those bitches? Just tell those tea sipping **** that you are in the military. If they still don't insure you, remind them how we broke off their bitch asses a few hundred years back.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
We paid more than $25,000 over 3 years for car insurance on our (two 5.0) Stangs when we were there. Got insurance through a place on Mildenhall...they were over behind Military car sales.
You could try contacting USAA.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
25 grand for car insurance for 2 years??! holy smokes, thats like another car.
It was over 3 years...but still ridiculous.
Worth it though...my GT sure put the smack down on those little 1.4L econoboxes.
Oh...and did I mention the lack of speed limit enforcement on the B roads? 120mph, 40 mile drive every day to work. :-D

Jens03GT

Established Member
I cannot stand it. I sat on the phone with these people for 30 min giving here all my info and then she says well we do not insure GT's or cobras. I almost starting going crazy. I had to ask her why she hadn't told me that in the first place.

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
stupid ass co. must be run by a bunch of ricers !!!!! well you being in england aren't there alot of exotics? they need insurence too, if they will insure an exotic they have to insure your gt. just some food for thought.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Yeah there are a lot of TVRs Lotus Ferrari etc. But they most likely go through GEICO. They want me to pay $350-370 a MONTH. Oh hell no.

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
man that sux, i'm glad i don't live there thats more than my car payment was !!!!!! good luck buddy!!

Jens03GT

Established Member
That is more than my cxar payment. I cannot in my right mind pay more for my insurance than for my payment.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I just don;t understand why these dumb kids have to drive like maniacs and ruin it for everyone. That is what makes me the most mad.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
That is more than my cxar payment. I cannot in my right mind pay more for my insurance than for my payment.

Everything is more expensive in England. That's what your COLA is for. You can't expect to pay U.S. prices in a foreign country.
A left-hand-drive,V-8 Mustang is more of a risk on the road and more of a risk for the insurance company.
Not saying they're right....just been there, done that.
Did you check with USAA yet?

Jens03GT

Established Member
The other insurance companies said they would not insure because I am only 21. So what. I have an impecable driving record.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Yeah I have checked with USAA. They are just giving me troubles. I am probably going to have to go with them. There are not bad. I just thought I would let some of you guys know how lucky you are to be back home in the states.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Ok guys well I am getting off work now. I will be back on in about 30-45 minutes. Hope to see some of you around when I get back.

Users who are viewing this thread