issues with the 2007-2009 Shelbys?

pack018

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been really thinking about picking up a Shelby in a few months but since I've been out of the "game" for a few years just wanted to know what are some of the issues if any the Shelbys have (like any rear end, tranny, engine..etc) looking to get into the 2007-2009's. thx

Aonebadbone

Established Member
1 Wheel hop
2 clutch TSB
3 on the 07 harmonic balancer to heavy need a 08
With a CAI and a pulley I have 556 at the wheels.

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
I would look for a low miles '07 to '09, they are out there if you look for them. Why? You won't be dealing with much wear & tear which would more then likely result in a clutch replacement. The clutch seems to be the main issue with these particular years. This is just my opinion but folks make dd's out of them & having a high performane clutch in stop & go traffic creates much heat that ultimately warps the flywheel. This in turn starts taking out other things like the clutch itself and sometimes sychros in the tranny. There is a TSB that covers this. I've got an '07 that I bought with very low miles and isn't a daily driver and it's been great. I really like the feel of the high performance clutch and yes it takes some effort in pressing the clutch but you get use to it. If you want a dd you can still buy an '07-'09 but be ready to possibly replace the clutch. There are great after market options if you do. Best of luck!

Cheers,
Moncho

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
I would look for a low miles '07 to '09, they are out there if you look for them. Why? You won't be dealing with much wear & tear which would more then likely result in a clutch replacement. The clutch seems to be the main issue with these particular years. This is just my opinion but folks make dd's out of them & having a high performane clutch in stop & go traffic creates much heat that ultimately warps the flywheel. This in turn starts taking out other things like the clutch itself and sometimes sychros in the tranny. There is a TSB that covers this. I've got an '07 that I bought with very low miles and isn't a daily driver and it's been great. I really like the feel of the high performance clutch and yes it takes some effort in pressing the clutch but you get use to it. If you want a dd you can still buy an '07-'09 but be ready to possibly replace the clutch. There are great after market options if you do. Best of luck!

Cheers,
Moncho

+1
My clutch went out at 12k.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
1 Wheel hop
2 clutch TSB
3 on the 07 harmonic balancer to heavy need a 08
With a CAI and a pulley I have 556 at the wheels.

Right on! The wheel hop is an easy fix with upper/lower LCA's. The Balancer if it is a 2007 as the 2008 is lightened. I replaced mine with the Ford 2008 balancer. Run the stock clutch to death then put in a new clutch/flywheel kit that you'll have confidence in.

In addition to the above, plan on a power upgrade budget. Once you start these easy bolt-on power upgrades, it is hard to stop!

Users who are viewing this thread