Issues with Lightning Force Performance

freeman42

Established Member
Hi, first post here...

On St Paddys Day, I ponied up and bought the full Stage 3 Power Package from LFP. $1300 hit to my account, but it seemed like a good deal.

So I waited for the confirmation email....and waited....and waited....and finally called about a week after I ordered. Their response was that they were waiting for me to call them, to give them my current mod list so they could write my 'custom' tune file. Shouldn't they be calling me first, seeing how I just dumped $1300 on their site?

So then another week goes by, and they send me the UPS tracking number. All is well with the world....until the delivery day comes. I'm watching the tracking page all day, reading "On Vehicle For Delivery", except it hasn't come by the usual noon...or 1pm....or 2pm....finally, at about 5pm, the status changes to "Undeliverable". Cue rage. So I go back to the confirmation email, and there it is....they used my billing street address with my billing zip code, resulting in a non-existant address. This is on Wed April 2. So I call UPS, and get the package redirected to a local hub about 10 miles away. Then, at about 9pm, I get a text message from my former mother-in-law, saying they had a package with my name arrive on their doorstep. WTF? Turns out, LFP had sent 2 packages, but only emailed me one tracking number. And somehow, UPS in its infinite wisdom relabeled package #2 with an address I used once maybe 6 years ago. Go figure.

Anyways, I get package #2 from my ex in-laws, and the sticker says Hub/Ring. Only thing is, in the box was just the 4# ring I ordered, with no hub. I figured maybe it was in the 1st package still at the UPS depot. So I go get package #1 from the hub, and lo and behold, NO HUB INSIDE. Early Friday morning (the 4th) I call Mark at LFP and explain the situation. Apparently they have the hubs made by a machine shop in California 300 at a time, and they were out of them at the moment. Thanks for telling me. He said he would get one in a box and have it overnighted to me, and itll be here Monday. Ok, understandable.

Cue Monday. No package on my doorstep. Tuesday morning (today) I place another call to LFP. I get ahold of the secretary (I think) and she says the hub is shipping out today. Great.

Here's the kicker: I just got the tracking email, and they used THE NON-EXISTANT ADDRESS FROM BEFORE, AGAIN. So now I will have to call them again in the morning, and have them redirect the hub (because I can't as the addressee).

And, out of curiosity, I went through the box of parts I have received so far. Their site says it includes a 180 degree t-stat......it's nowhere to be found. I wonder if those are out of stock as well.....

This was my first order with them, and it shall be my last. I don't know what kind of Cracker Jack operation they're running over there, but multiple repeated errors on a single order, even after I've called and corrected them....that's piss poor. Maybe some of you have had fine experiences with them, but I'm done after this.

Bonestk87

Established Member
I just ordered the deuce idler set up and did not receive any emails at all. 4 days go by and I call them and they tell me they are out of them and are waiting on the machine shop to finish up machining new ones. This is on Monday. He tells me the idlers will be at my house Tuesday and the bracket will be there Thursday. Friday I still have nothing. So this past Monday I call. They don't know nothing. I just received my parts today. BS!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Hopefully mark isn't slipping again. Years ago I had an issue on a $600+ catback system. But the past year they have been good when I've ordered several things. Sorry to hear about your ordeal. But why did you put a non existing address as your billing? Usually most companies only ship to your billing address.

freeman42

Established Member
I'm currently dealing with a somewhat complex living situation....therefore the billing address associated with my debit card is different than the address I'm currently living at.

I didn't put a non-existant address for my billing. What LFP did was take the "XXXX SW XXXth Ave" part from my billing address, and the "Anytown, USA 12345" part of my shipping address, and put them together, which created an address that doesn't exist. And they did it TWICE, despite my correction after the first time.

I did receive an email from LFP this morning, stating that they fixed the address on the pulley hub that's already been shipped. I checked the UPS tracking page and confirmed it. There was no response to the missing 180 degree thermostat however. At this point, I'm done with them.

4vpower

Banned
Such of shi..y company that makes cheap Chinese knock off parts of other companies parts. My POS heat exchanger leaked after 2 months and their cheap Metco knock offs idlers with cheap Chinese bearings fall apart after 2K miles .I'd rather pay little more and get better quality parts .

Users who are viewing this thread