Issues with front O2 sensors

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
A couple days ago I was goofing off with Live Link trying to figure out how to data log. I start data logging and realize that my front O2's are not reading anything (rears turned off) and the car is not throwing codes and seems to drive fine:dw:. So I order new O2's from ford and get under the car to change them out. My car has stock manifolds with an off road x. There are extensions on the front O2's, they would not reach without them. The sensors that were in the car were universal Bosch sensors that have the clip but do not have the male locator tabs that the stockers have. The extensions have the female ends for the locator tabs. I go to plug them in and I cant because the tabs are rotated exactly 180deg (because they can only clip together one way). It was late and my car is mt DD so I decided to cut the tabs off and plug them in and if it throws a code then I know that it is wrong. I started it drove it around and it seemed fine and threw no codes. I data logged again and they are still not working. I have a used set of long tubes and a mid pipe that are going on the car soon and it still had the O2's in them so I look at them and the front O2's are ford with green connectors and the rears (in the mid pipe) have extensions on them and the tabs are correct and not 180deg. So is it possible that the previous owner put extensions on the front and rear O2's? If so why do the fronts not reach if the rears are the ones that usually require extensions.

It sounds stupid but the fronts do not reach without the extentions:shrug:

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Just in case anyone ever has the same issue I called SCT and they said that sometimes some applications wont read the
PIDS that are lower case letters. I data logged everything that had to do with the O2's and found that they are working reading voltage and everything but when you select the PID short term b1 and b2 it reads nothing but if I log STFT BANK 1 and 2 it works...weird but the car feels fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread