Issues. Always issues.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
I just realized after the last run of work I had done, that I have a hose disconnected. Any idea where this thing is supposed to connect to? It is attached on the other end to the bottom of the boost bypass valve.

IqPX9id.jpg

Maybe this can explain my car having a idle all over the place, and the A/F gauge jumping all over at idle?

ctgreddy

Established Member
If that's the hose connected to the boost bypass then that's a good size issue. Not only do you have a vacuum leak but your bypass isn't opening under vacuum. that hose needs to be connecting to a boost source so something on the lower intake.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Oh boy, that bitch of a hose that is connected to the lower intake manifold. I was afraid of that. Looks like I am going to be pulling the blower and manifold.

EDIT: According to this diagram, it says the bottom of BBV connects to "Metered ambient pressure from air intake pipe." That seems to be different from the labeled "Vac/Boost Lower Manifold"

I still have no idea where this connects to the air intake pipe though. Every hole on the intake is plugged into something.

EDIT #2: Okay, so the unhooked tube is coming from the bottom of the boost bypass valve. According to a couple diagrams and guides, this is part of the process for the EGR delete. This tube can either be connected to the intake, or left to vent to the atmosphere. I never realized it was still attached because it was a little more hidden before. The reason my car was idling like shit, was because the IAC was all gunked up and causing a rough idle. Cleaned that out with some carb cleaner and she idled just fine.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
OP if indeed that is the hose that connects to the lower bypass valve, then yes you can take it off.

Users who are viewing this thread