Isolater removal question

jcobra

Established Member
I want to take the isolaters out of the front end. How much drop will I get just removing the top or bottom and which is better to take out. Will there be any noise in the front end when its gone?? Comments/suggestions would be appreciated. BTW reason for doing this is I had my Kenny Browns cut and the car now sits level and I want just a bit of rake in the front. If removing an isolater wont do it, Ill just cut a bit more out of the springs.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I took out my fronts and it road like shit hit a bump and it felt like a 6 in pot hole If I where you I would go to an auto parts store and buy about 2 1/2 ft of 3/8 in hose. Pull out the springs ditch the isos and then put the hose on the spring it will cut down on noise and give a little cushion. I did this on my rear springs and it worked great just spray some lub on the spring to help slide the hose on. The hose is 1/8 in thick 2=1/4in the isos are 1/4 in thick 2=1/2in so you should drop a 1/4 of an inch total.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
This past weekend I removed my MM iso's and installed the factory uppers F & R only, I have driven it for about 50mi on different road conditions and have noticed no added noises / road noise. Not to mention the car looks sooooooooo much better. This was with the H&R race springs.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would find a better way to lower your car. Wether it rides better or not without it, removing the isolater will transmit a lot more shock and vibration loads to your chassis. You may not even feel it because it will quickly get dampend by the spotwelded construction for your car but your shock towers and everything close by will know it's there. The rubber isolators will dampen vibration frequencys that the springs don't. I have a lot of experience doing environmental testing and vibration loads can play havoc with your cars systems and chassis integrity.

Just something to consider

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
04SLOBRA1 said:
This past weekend I removed my MM iso's and installed the factory uppers F & R only, I have driven it for about 50mi on different road conditions and have noticed no added noises / road noise. Not to mention the car looks sooooooooo much better. This was with the H&R race springs.
Can you post some pics? I just put race springs in my vert and its not low enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread