WANTED: ISO sub $20k cobra

LS WUT

Established Member
That makes sense. Reading comprehension isn’t my strong suit apparently. Pretty much how mines gone, need a clutch and figured why not buy headers. Did compression check and was low on the usual 2, so figured why not buy cams…now I have a built longblock, supercharger, fuel system, clutch…poor decisions were made
For sure man. Sucks to hear it happened to you. I wish you luck in other adventure whether you fix it or sell it in its current condition. Looks clean

MTBSully

Established Member
Pretty transparent, never said just a clutch, mentioned compression is low. Very obviously needs more. Plenty of ads don’t list compression numbers. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
Wasn't really a dig at you, as yes, you were transparent that compression is low. Just making a joke at my own expense with my latest project which was referenced here.

That being said, i think you're downplaying how serious of an issue this is. 120PSI is significantly low. These motors aren't "known for low compression in these two cylinders". Some of the 2003s develop a head tick due to overheated valve guides, but it has nothing to do with compression. Cars can drive around for years with the head tick and still have perfect compression. Your car needs at the very least the heads removed, rebuilt and machined if you're lucky and its just a valve seat issue. Could be something worse. I'd guess it has worn or damaged rings in those two cylinders. If it was easy/cheap, i'm sure you would have fixed it already and asked top dollar for the car instead of driving it around hurt for 2 years. GLWS either way.

jtrainor

Established Member
Wasn't really a dig at you, as yes, you were transparent that compression is low. Just making a joke at my own expense with my latest project which was referenced here.

That being said, i think you're downplaying how serious of an issue this is. 120PSI is significantly low. These motors aren't "known for low compression in these two cylinders". Some of the 2003s develop a head tick due to overheated valve guides, but it has nothing to do with compression. Cars can drive around for years with the head tick and still have perfect compression. Your car needs at the very least the heads removed, rebuilt and machined if you're lucky and its just a valve seat issue. Could be something worse. I'd guess it has worn or damaged rings in those two cylinders. If it was easy/cheap, i'm sure you would have fixed it already and asked top dollar for the car instead of driving it around hurt for 2 years. GLWS either way.
Glad to see I’m not alone with that lol. Most of the reason for driving it for 2 years like this is I figured I’d cam it if I’m taking the heads off (more like my friends talked me into that), and I ordered custom cams that took 1.5 years to be delivered. Ordered as covid started, and then the backups started happening, was originally quoted I think 8-10 weeks.

You could be 100% correct, thats the gamble with low compression. I read a few threads regarding the compression that had me come to the conclusion of the valve related issue with the early 03’s, but head gasket could be plausible with it being adjacent cylinders.

It’s really just a case of me being an idiot and letting the costs spiral to $15-20k in parts instead of just fixing the issue at hand which could've been done for under $5k. Lesson learned

PotemkinCobra

Established Member
I have a GT terminator clone.

51k miles on terminator drivetrain.

Have a complete list of mods if interested.

Runs and drives fine, small oil leak i think from the timing cover maybe.

No title, clean VIN was a GT frame that was rebuilt with 04 cobra parts, full cobra interior with seats.

Everything works, key fob and all.

Attachments

• 72202564700__31CADCF0-81A6-4936-A1E4-D9FCE2ACD6D7.jpeg
    72202564700__31CADCF0-81A6-4936-A1E4-D9FCE2ACD6D7.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 41

LS WUT

Established Member
Someone mentioned it to me about buying it before I really knew who he was so I got caught up on all the vid's. The SRA and face plated trans deff steered me away from it
For sure man. That’s what I’ve got the black coupe for haha. I’ll swap my IRS, and T-56 in it. Black coupe is gonna be a race car anyways LOL.

Venom351R

Established Member
For sure man. That’s what I’ve got the black coupe for haha. I’ll swap my IRS, and T-56 in it. Black coupe is gonna be a race car anyways LOL.

Great for race car applications but I wouldn't want to be driving around banging gears with a face plated trans on a sunday drive lol. Been a great series watching that build though that car could have deff ended up parted out but he saved it

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a GT terminator clone.

51k miles on terminator drivetrain.

Have a complete list of mods if interested.

Runs and drives fine, small oil leak i think from the timing cover maybe.

No title, clean VIN was a GT frame that was rebuilt with 04 cobra parts, full cobra interior with seats.

Everything works, key fob and all.
Where is the title?

Edit: I’m not even going to bother with wasting your time on a car with no title.

Last edited:

PotemkinCobra

Established Member
Where is the title?

Edit: I’m not even going to bother with wasting your time on a car with no title.
Car was a rebuild using an abandoned GT frame using terminator parts.

Was only intended to be a project/racecar, never a street machine.

Work was completed by a Ford dealership and a local body shop.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0562.jpeg
    IMG_0562.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0563.jpeg
    IMG_0563.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 37
  • 73059007832__DE450034-BF0D-4006-BA6D-878D08E664BB.jpeg
    73059007832__DE450034-BF0D-4006-BA6D-878D08E664BB.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 38

SVT25

Looking for an 03/04 cobra sub 20k preferably something between 80-150k miles . Vert or coupe is fine . Any color except yellow . Preferable with IRS and supercharger . Located in Raleigh NC .
i have a 2003 svt cobra convertible black on black with red seats, it has 110k miles on it asking 22k for it if interested call or text me 864-478-5172 in south Carolina Greenville

Badaz01

Established Member
Pretty transparent, never said just a clutch, mentioned compression is low. Very obviously needs more. Plenty of ads don’t list compression numbers. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
Throw a teaspoon of oil in the low cylinders and if compression goes up it’s bottom end related.

Users who are viewing this thread