Island Dragway in NJ

Sny714

Established Member
Is anyone planning on going to Island soon? I think its the best for the money. I was supposed to go this weekend but most of my friends backed out. Just wondering if anyone is planning on going soon.

20stang02

Established Member
I was there Friday night, 10/10...you can easily get 8-10 runs in if you want, but the track does suck...was able to manage a 13.56@102 on Nitto DR's, 1.97 60' ROFL:shrug:

I was thinking of hitting E-Town this Friday night, its worth the extra drive

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Yeah I heard Island is a sloww track.. I go to Englishtown alot, but have never ran my car there.. The only downfall about E-Town is the traffic..

Anyone going to the Swap meet down there Nov 1?

Sny714

Established Member
I like Island drag. Thats the only place Ive been with my 01. I ran my back to back 12.9@107 there, I would say I could get slightly better at another track but that run was with a 1.74 60'(other runs were in the high 1.7 range), which for the IRS is pretty damn good. Im just not sure how well the track will be prepped for this colder weather. My trap speed will probably be higher in this weather but I know I wont hook the same as I have in the past. I wish I could go the 25th but I have a family function, Plus Im getting a retune anyway. I dont think im going to even try in November due to the colder weather.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Island only sucks if your running in the street tire lane with street tires. On a Friday they aren't going to prep the track that much because there are no slick cars there.

On a saturday and sunday Island really hooks. I ran my record eaton pass there in march with a 1.48 60', my friend just went 11's in his lightning on sunday with a stock motor 1.64 60'.

They prep the track pretty good in the cold, but from what I've seen Atco knows how to do it best. As long as they keep heat in the track (keep alot of cars running) the track will be good on a saturday and sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread