ISF 1/4 mile and race against 17 ZCP M3

1.8t

Established Member
It's not a mustang, but you guys appreciate drag racing a lot more than the Lexus crowd. I have been trying to sneak my ISF into the 11's and my latest trip is the closest I have come. Previous best ET was a 12.19 and previous best mph was 117.78. I added a tune/intake combo and the added power provided the slip below, which is my best in both ET and mph. The crazy thing is my previous bests were achieved in negative DA air(-250ish) while my new best was achieved at +217ft DA! If I could get a negative DA day I should easily get that 11sec pass. Not bad for a grocery getter IMO.

Mods - Intake, header, exhaust, tune

Weight reduction - spare tire and jack removed.

80-img_5840_90e8f22fc218794513ce29312aeed052b7d13935.jpg

Video of the pass above -

Now to the race with the M3. My brother just took delivery of his competition package 2017 M3 DCT. He went to the strip with me, but was running worse times and mph due to traction issues. We both knew his car was faster as it is lighter by ~250lb and makes more power(many dyno almost 440whp!). We decided to do a roll race after the strip and the result is below. It looks a little worse than it is due to the mounting location of my GoPro, but it is no doubt much faster. End result 40-130ish was 2.5 car lengths. It will be a monster when he modifies it.

ZCP M3 vs ISF vid -

1.8t

Established Member
No that's probably it. It has 91k miles right now and has been rock solid. Anything from here would likely compromise the long term reliability and I plan on having her for at least another 60k miles.

Last edited:

SLVRNBLK

Established Member
Nice running ISF man! Sounds fantastic! Gotta admit, I know the current M3's are strong runners, but I didn't expect to see him to pull on a car trapping 119mph like that. I realize the ZCP cars get a decent bump in HP, but dadgum. Glad I saw this, cause I definitely won't be picking any fights with one in my SRT 392 Charger.

Best of luck to you moving forward with your ISF. Badass car. Bet she surprises a lot of people!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sex video with the M3. Thanks for posting.

Your car runs strong. I guess the cars are tunable now? Last I remember (2011), one could not tune the ISFs...

Huge fan of the ISF's. Considered getting one myself.

Any pics of he car?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Good stuff! Congrats on your numbers. I can tell you in my drag racing history, sometimes I'll have an amazing outing in weather that's not ideal. Then head out in great weather (negative DA) only to be disappointed.
Your brothers M3 is bad ass too!

Users who are viewing this thread