is350 or 2011 gt? help me decide

SLOWNED

Established Member
so I recently totaled my daily driver accord and I'm about to pick up a new ride. I know what 2 cars I want but I can't decide between the two. ive already driven both but still cant decide so Im turning to svtp for input! which car would you pick up for a daily driver and why? a 2011 mustang gt or is350? please take into consideration resale value, reliability, repair costs, practicality, etc.

Mika

Established Member
The only issues I have with the IS is that its not cheap to mod, power isn't that great, and the interior is small. Good resale value, reliability. Repair costs aren't going to be bad, mostly maintenance stuff. With the GT you have more fun factor, less practicality(2 door vs. 4 door), cheaper to mod to make fast(if that's what you want to do). One thing you may want to look at is insurance. That can be a deciding factor.

Mika

Kubin-B

Established Member
how is this even a question, lets not forget pearl harbor now, and we need to keep money here at home instead of sending it over seas, besides that all it is is a glorified toyota, cant ever go wrong with a stang espicially the new ones, even the six banger can put down 400 hp with bolt ons and a blower and you can do that for what it would cost to get the coyote stripped down with no amenities. the coyote on the other hand with intake exhuast and tune you can get 420 to the tires.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If those are your personal choices I reccomend the '11 GT. The IS350, as others have stated, is just a fancy Toyota appliance, kind of like a washing machine with different sheet metal and an extra rinse cycle or two. It is nothing special but it will work and get the job done. The GT, on the other hand, would be a blast to drive everyday and someday you may be able to set it aside and mod it or use it only for fun. My only problem with the GT is the rash of [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXRFtYszng&feature=related"]2011 mustang defective tranny - YouTube[/nomedia] or [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ATBtw8dqXE&NR=1"]Problematic Getrag MT-82 Transmission 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L - YouTube[/nomedia] that seem to be out there with the crappy China built 6 speed.

Last edited:

Dans02gt

Established Member
I will be honest with you, I have an 03 cobra and a IS 350 and I am considering selling them both for the IS F. The IS is such a great vehicle fun to drive and not bad power with 305hp. I love taking it on road trips and just driving it. Just make sure you get one with a warranty or an extended warranty. I just did front brakes and Lexus wanted $700. I decided to go to the parts department and got the two rotors and pads with a discount for about $375 and I just installed them myself. Lexus does get expensive for routine maintenance. For spark plugs Lexus wanted $375 just to do six of them. I know the mustang will be less to maintain and have more power but you just cannot beat how quiet and comfortable the IS is. I have been a mustang fan ever since I was young but you cannot beat all the things you can get in the IS.

SLOWNED

Established Member
don't get me wrong, I love mustangs, but the bottom line for me is what would make a Better daily driver. I'm not worried about power potential as I don't plan on modding either of them. I still have my cobra and pantera for fun cars. I actually like both of them and I Plan on buying one of them in cash, none of that financing nonsense..so before I drop 30k I want to make sure im happy. I suppose I came on here go get feedback from members who own one or both of the cars that can offer realistic first hand input.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
how is this even a question, lets not forget pearl harbor now, and we need to keep money here at home instead of sending it over seas, besides that all it is is a glorified toyota, cant ever go wrong with a stang espicially the new ones, even the six banger can put down 400 hp with bolt ons and a blower and you can do that for what it would cost to get the coyote stripped down with no amenities. the coyote on the other hand with intake exhuast and tune you can get 420 to the tires.

couldn't have said it better myself

Redfire03

Established Member
I own an IS350, have driven a few 5.0 Mustangs and I don't know how you can be comparing the two cars. If you have driven both cars you know what to expect. Both cars are incredibly good at what they are designed for. What I can tell you is that my IS350 has been problem free, the dealers have been incredible to work with, its been great on gas and still drives now as nice as it did new. Like others said though the IS is very limited when it comes to modifications.

You need to decide what kind of car you need, both are very different and very good cars.

To all you people knocking Lexus have you ever been in one or ridden in one? Even with how nice the new Mustangs interiors are the panel gaps, quality of materials and the navigation don't even come close to what is in my IS. In addition the paint quality is 100% better on my Lexus. A Lexus is far more that just a "glorified, more expensive Toyota".

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
if you think the mustang is common, the is250/is350 and even ISF (because they all look alike), are even MORE common.
my girl isnt into cars at all and she notices them and thinks they are just as common as civics and prius's.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
2011 5.0(05/10) build date aftermarket shifter/bracket, lowered and borla exhaust almost 16k miles and it drives/shifts like a champ. I know there are people having issues with the mt 82's and all that other shit but me and everyone I know personally that own and daily drive them are doing so with no issues.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
No, honestly I'd get the Mustang. The Lexus is nice but they're not as good as the older ones imo. Plus, the Lexus just isn't a Bmw or Audi. But, this is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. Have you test-driven either?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
You have a terminator. Why get another mustang? Get the four door for an everyday mobile. Not like the lexus is a civic with a fartpipe. It's a nice car that'll make a good dd. If your career factors in at all, I have to think a lexus comes across as more mature and responsible than a mustang. Just saying. If you're in sales or the like, a lexus puts forth a better image than a mustang to your potential clients.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
You have a terminator. Why get another mustang? Get the four door for an everyday mobile. Not like the lexus is a civic with a fartpipe. It's a nice car that'll make a good dd. If your career factors in at all, I have to think a lexus comes across as more mature and responsible than a mustang. Just saying. If you're in sales or the like, a lexus puts forth a better image than a mustang to your potential clients.

^This. Plus you have a Pantera. What year?

Users who are viewing this thread