Is VOPC line reliable?

ml110

Established Member
:cryying: I was informed by the automated message that "as
9/24/02 my build date is week of 11/18. 9/24??
I ordered in early june. Finally in sept.got a build date of10/7,,,, .pushed to
10/28 the 11/4, now 11/18 as of 9/24 ?? im going bakwards
in time, with a future build date, I'll never get this shadow
cobra.. HHHEEELLLPPP MMMEEEE:??: :??: :bash: im losin it:bash:

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
It's been a couple of years since I've used the VOPC, but from what I remember the "as of" dates were always a bit fuzzy. Occasionally I would even hear an "as of" date that was a week or two in the future!

My guess is the VOPC hasn't been updated lately due to the "quality hold" or whatever it is. Perhaps when shipments begin again tomorrow the VOPC will be updated as well.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Mine was realitivly accurate. My order date was 8/8, build week was 9/9, and my ETA was 9/23. The car arrivied at dealer on 9/27. It will be worth the wait.

Gumball

Established Member
One thing to keep in mind about VOPC, I don't think it was ever meant for Joe public. We're not suppose to know anything about it. God loves the internet!

When did you get the "...as of 9/24..." message? I called Friday and still got 9/19 (I think that was the date we all kept getting). I ask because you and I have been following the same time parameters: 10/14, 10/7, 10/28, 11/4, and most recent 11/11. I haven't been around all weekend, or had the strength of another delay to call. I'm sure I'll get the bad news when I call tomorrow.

mkdiehl

Established Member
I seem to be in the same boat as the two of you. Can you tell me the number/address for the VOPC? I am tired of trying to get ahold of the dealer just to hear him apologize...

thanks

(ordered 5/15....shipped 7/15..destoyed in shipment...reordered 8/4.....waiting)

ml110

Established Member
:shrug: Sales called fri/sat for me and could not make sense
of "as of 9/24" maybe an error in recording the message.
I'm looking around tri state area in frustration trying to find another shadow , but I'll
probably end up waiting it out. I live in Mich. and bad weather is
coming soon.:??: :cryying:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
To the day!.... It was 100% accurate from the day of order, to the day of delivery....

:thumbsup:

Video

Established Member
here's one better....

ordered 2/8...shipped 6/20....stolen from shipping lot....reordered 7/11...waiting

Gumball

Established Member
VOPC # 800-962-3746. You'll need your DORA (dealer order receipt acknowledge). On DORA will be dealer code (leave off letter in middle), body style (p48,p49) and order #(4 digit code). Use option 1 for automated response as the live people aren't suppose to talk to non-dealers.

BTW, per my earlier response, sure enough my build week changed again. Now week of 11/25. Strange thing is my message still says as of 09/19... . An M3 vert is starting to look better and better.

Users who are viewing this thread