Is tropi-care/zaino/vanilla moose better than what I am using?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Right now, I have a system that I use when I wax my car. I can't take any credit for it because it is what my bro uses (99cobra2881) and it works pretty well.

I only use microfiber towels on my car.
We start off w/ meguiars clay bar and use final inspection to clay it.
Next is number 9 paint cleaner (I do this one, he goes straight to the polish after the clay bar).
After paint cleaner is the #7 polish, usually two coats.
Finally is at least two coats of #26 wax.

All of this is Meguiar's Mirror Glaze.

It works very well, but I want to know what some of you guys think. I haven't heard much about the meguiar's stuff on here.

P.S. If you don't have experience w/ mirror glaze, then you really shouldn't comment because I am looking for a comparison (not trying to be rude :beer: )

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
A good detailer can use mud as wax. If you create great results and you are happy then stick with it. Meguiars stuff is great for off the shelf products. Try the NXT. If you want to enter a whole new world and kick it up a notch then yes, try Klasse, Zaino, Clearcote etc. Serach the following,

www.autopia.org for specific product names.

Scott P

Established Member
Your standard regimen isn't too bad at all. You could replace the #26 with NXT if you desired an over the counter solution.

Remember, there is no one best wax or perfect solution for everyone. For Sonic Blue, I really think Clearkote Vanilla Moose topped by Poorboy's EX-P would look fantastic. The kit goes for $35 or so and is known as the 1-2 Punch.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have used Tropi-Care and Zaino in the past and did not like either. NXT is ok for people who dont have huge expectations and are willing to wax every month. Zaino has great durabililty but lacks everywhere else. The TC3 sample of Tropicare was crap. I only use Meguiars products for swirl removal (DACP, #80, #82). I use Poorboys EX and EX-P sealants for different colors and top with either S100, Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Paste Glaze, Carnauba Moose Wax, and will be trying #16 (meguiars) soon. I also love Vanilla Moose for light polishing and cleaning. It really helps with dark colors. Klasse AIO and SG are excellent products also but the SG takes some getting used to as far as application.

Users who are viewing this thread