Is this true (LEO only)

olefafl

Established Member
from a different forum said:
In NJ, they've found a way around that silly unlawful search and seisure law. You can't get a driver's license unless you sign a consent to search first. If you refuse to sign away your constitutional rights, you can't have the license.

I did a search on the NJ DMV and didn't see anything about it. I know states do some strange stuff, but don't think they would do that.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
olefafl said:
Is there anything even close to it?

Thanks.

Most of the consents noted have to do with inspections (enforcement details), DUI/breathalizer/FST, etc. The search authority is usually subsequent to those actions, such as after arrest or before impounding a vehicle for reasons of inventory, and not written into the law in order to receive a D.L.

jshen

Established Member
olefafl said:
Is there anything even close to it?

Thanks.

Do we have skeletons in our closet?:poke:

Although the thought is rather clever..I have not heard of prior consent being used like this. We do however, when a druggy is put on probation, have him sign a consent to search agreement as a condition of probation...

olefafl

Established Member
jshen said:
Do we have skeletons in our closet?:poke:

Although the thought is rather clever..I have not heard of prior consent being used like this. We do however, when a druggy is put on probation, have him sign a consent to search agreement as a condition of probation...

LOL No skeletons in the closet, I know where to hide the body.:) Just wanted to see if the poster from the other site was right. I didn't think he was right, but wanted to hear it from one of you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread