Is this too much boost?

lytningpj

Yt Lytning
Established Member
Hello L owners, I am relatively new to this extra boost stuff, so please bare with me. I am a current owner of an '02 White Lightning and a member of the Southern Mustang and Ford club. I've done little upgrades to my L such as: Boost By-pass, PSP FASTAir induction(did they quit making these, love the "WHINE") and a Predator Tune. I have a 6# pulley that I want to put on with Brisk Racing plugs, the higher boost Preadtor Tune, deep tranny pan and line mod valve conversion. Is 14 lbs. pushing a stock EATON? Should I go with a Predator tune or will any Dyno place be able to help me out on the tunes to get A/F correct? Seeking any and all info-Thanks.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I talked with Powerzone about some dyno time...that is the closet one to me in Greenville, SC still about 3 hours, but he said he could do all the dyno tunning that way...looking at dyno time for a '94 cobra with the a addition of a vortec needing to be tuned...he said he could handle it.

lytningpj...how many guys it good ol' Chucktown do you know. Where in Charleston do you live, I used to live down there...went to Citadel. I am trying to get some guys together from SC and GA maybe farther out to get a Lightning Get together for our area.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
.how many guys it good ol' Chucktown do you know. Where in Charleston do you live, I used to live down there...went to Citadel. I am trying to get some guys together from SC and GA maybe farther out to get a Lightning Get together for our area.

I lived in West Ashley for years, then moved to Goose Creek which is where I lived up till 2003 when I have to transfer. I'm moving back down there next summer. My wife worked for Jones Ford and will most likely be going back to them when we go back so if the new Cobra is out by then I'm planning on going back with another SVT product. If not I'll be looking for another 03 f-150 HD like I used to have. Think I want the two tone black and silver next time.

lytningpj

Yt Lytning
Established Member
You guys rock! Thanks for all the advice. I've been by Powerzone a few times but the door is always locked. I've been gone for the Air Force for the past week or so, so back to it again. Will the Performance predator tune(12-14 psi) be safe enough for me to drive it to the dyno(roughly 5 miles)???

I live in Goose Creek(Hanahan actually) right off the reservoir. "Chucktown" as you put it is awesome, I've been here off and on for 8 years with Combat Camera. Let me know about the "L" get together. I know there is uppose to be a big rally in Charlotte around Thanksgiving-atleast rumors. I'm in for it.

Chi3f

Established Member
i haven't seen them before but would like to know as well. No plug change for me till the spring but still would change from my tr6's if it was true

lytningpj

Yt Lytning
Established Member
right on...Powerzone wants 700-800 just to tune. Is this what I am looking at? Iwas told I could get a good tune from James @ Runnin with the Devil by LFP. I've seen him advertised quite a bit and in Mustang & FF magazine so I thinking of going that way for now.

Users who are viewing this thread