Is this the low side or high side service port? (with hot chicks)

1QuickS2

Established Member
Low side, high side may be under a plastic cover front passenger side near the radiator.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
yes. low side you can pull in freon. never hook a can to the hi side... kabooom!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Putting hotties in your post definitely gets us in here.... problem is, once we're here we're paying absolutely no attention to your problem. ;) High side. Last gif is oh so perfect!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Couldn't tell ya without seeing both ports but you shouldn't be able to connect a can to the high side port. Pretty sure most of those connectors are idiot proof now

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
You must be a used car salesman......
Good way to get quick answers on the AC question
Lol

i had a feeling the pics might help my cause.

While I have your attention.... I was attempting to refill the freon but I wasn't getting a reading from the gauge. the needle would stay in the "red" zone of the gauge, making me feel like I was overfilling the freon. From what I've read, the gauge wont read accurately unless the compressor is turning. However, as a result of the freon being so low, the compressor will only run for a few seconds before shutting off, thus not allowing me to get a reading. Advice? Is it possible that freon isn't the problem? I was told when the compressor cycles on and off it is doing so because there is no freon

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
best_of_tapiture_c_49.jpg

That's definitely the low side service port. And if I were you I'd service the hell out of that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread