Is this the first 2013 GT500 Supersnake?

USV8PWR

Established Member
Can you have your Shelby transformed into a real Super Snake at a later point in time or does it have to be done right after Ford builds the vehicle and before a customer takes ownership of it? I've researched the 13 Super Snake details online in the past, and again today, but this is not clear to me.

I couldn't swing the 850 HP package right now, but maybe in a few years I could revisit it if it's an available option to do post-delivery.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Can you have your Shelby transformed into a real Super Snake at a later point in time or does it have to be done right after Ford builds the vehicle and before a customer takes ownership of it? I've researched the 13 Super Snake details online in the past, and again today, but this is not clear to me.

I couldn't swing the 850 HP package right now, but maybe in a few years I could revisit it if it's an available option to do post-delivery.

You can have it done at a later date

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
from this angle it doesnt look like theyre stepped lip wheels...

personally, i like the looks of the stock 2013 better. not a big fan of those hoods or the window scoops and all the other stuff they do. i do like the splitter though.

Agreed. I feel like there is too much going on with this car and they riced it out with the hood and the quarter louvers.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Thanks guys. Well, that's great to know as I'd love to have a SS one day. :rockon:
Yeah man! I think they'd be dumb not to do that. It's money in the bank. They know how expensive the car was to begin with...Once it's paid off I am sure it is like getting a BRAND NEW car again!

USV8PWR

Established Member
Yeah man! I think they'd be dumb not to do that. It's money in the bank. They know how expensive the car was to begin with...Once it's paid off I am sure it is like getting a BRAND NEW car again!

That's my thinking. This would be really sweet to do once I get it paid off, and I don't have to worry about voiding my warranty, and like you said it would feel like it was a brand ride again. I was just wondering if they would do the SS package post delivery as I thought the SS package was sold as a new vehicle added package.

289HiPo

Established Member
Thanks iceman. Do the michelin pilot super sports all season come in oe size? I'm wanting something oe to mount on pp wheels for cool weather driving.

shelbysvt

Established Member
What are the specs with the '13 SS's?

The base package gives you all the apperance stuff from normal SS's in the past. The only difference is you get a screen in the upper grill to protect from rocks and bugs and you no longer get carbon fiber rocker panels.

You get the shelby 1000 H/E and regular SS radiator. Brake cooling ducts front and rear.

For the suspenion if you have the SVTPP you get only ford racing springs. If you have base car you can get eibach coil overs

You get billet alumnium wheels which are around 3x more than the alcoas which are a bit wider in the rear and you get michelin PSS tires now that are 275 front and 295 rear.

EDIT: Forgot to add you get 6 piston front wilwood 14 inch rotors and 4 piston rear wilwood 14 inch rotors. It's still up for grabs if this is a true upgrade same as the cooling.

For the exhaust its a custom dual duct exhaust from borla.

Then for 10k more you can get the whipple and then the options are the same as before, interior upgrade, watts link, etc...

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
Thanks iceman. Do the michelin pilot super sports all season come in oe size? I'm wanting something oe to mount on pp wheels for cool weather driving.

PSS tires are not all season they are a summer tire. If you want all season you need to go with continental. The PSS tires do come in the OEM sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread