Is this right?

5.8 Venom

Established Member

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is the windshield wipers and it looks like a weatherstrip grommet is missing. Both of them are like this and i never noticed it, but I think I would have. It looks like water will go straight onto the wiper motor.
Did someone snake my grommet's?

photo1_zps1ca09ffb.jpg

photo2_zps120645eb.jpg

I hope not, because mine looks the same.

P5261316_zps45a157ae.gif

Last edited:

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Allright, well I guess thats the way it supposed to be. With the wear marks, it really looks like something was taken off.

Thanks Snoopy

Teddy O

Established Member
I just noticed this last weekend on my car too! I was thinking the same thing about the wear marks making it look like there's something missing, like a grommet. I guess it's normal.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wonder if the "wear marks" are just a change in texture from the mold or the tool that stamps out the opening leaves the mark?

RusWolf

Established Member
Mine looks the same, i spoke with a service rep at a dealership. We looked at every new mustang on the lot and all if them looked the same way. Just like the cut line on the headliner, ford is cutting corners...

Kapy

Established Member
Well glad everyone else's looks the same. But doesn't surprise me. Ford is cutting corners, but this is a car that they should not have cut corners. The engine, powertrain, Chassis are perfect. Paint, Leather, Trim not acceptable.

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
Well glad everyone else's looks the same. But doesn't surprise me. Ford is cutting corners, but this is a car that they should not have cut corners. The engine, powertrain, Chassis are perfect. Paint, Leather, Trim not acceptable.

I'm a little shocked about the paint on these cars sure seems to chip very easily. My 08 F350 takes a shit kickin and I bet you i have only 4 visible chips in the hood.

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Seriously? Don't get me wrong overall I am very happy with the fit and finish, but look at it. It looks like something is missing and that's not right. I realize half of this cars 60K is the engine, but that just looks so Chrysler like.

Users who are viewing this thread