Is This Real?

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I don't know guys.. I saved the video and played it frame by frame. I captured what looks to be like his severed hand flying at the camera:
handsbegone.gif

The dark red part would be his wrist where it was sliced and you can follow the lines of his thumb on the right side of the pink.

If it's fake, it was nicely done.

Oldnavyt

Established Member
I mean damn do the blades droop that bad when at an idle like that, If they do then maybe. With the rotor blades being up on that shaft like that, seems unlikely he could even reach them when stopped. Either way, dude looks alot like Kerry don't he. Just another Monday morning mystery I guess.

Oldnavyt

Established Member
Ok, there is a guy on alldumb.com who says he works on that model helicopter (r44?) and that the blades are 10' some odd inches or more off the ground, and that even Shaq could not reach them without jumping. Another guy said it was from a clothes ad. Still pretty dumb if it was real.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Seems like an awfully clean cut. How thick are the rotor blades and what RPM do they spin at at idle? I Would expect to see more trauma to the hand. I would expect t to be mutilated, not simply cleanly sliced off. If the rotor blades are moving fast enough to cut cleanly through flesh and bone without trauma and displacement, then he would not likely have been able to get his whole hand up there - it would have lopped off fingers first.

Somebody get me some data - we can scientifically prove is disprove it - where are the Mythbusters?

Herb

Oldnavyt

Established Member
herb101 said:
Seems like an awfully clean cut. How thick are the rotor blades and what RPM do they spin at at idle? I Would expect to see more trauma to the hand. I would expect t to be mutilated, not simply cleanly sliced off. If the rotor blades are moving fast enough to cut cleanly through flesh and bone without trauma and displacement, then he would not likely have been able to get his whole hand up there - it would have lopped off fingers first.

Somebody get me some data - we can scientifically prove is disprove it - where are the Mythbusters?

Herb

Yeah where are those guys!

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Fake because,

1. He isn't tall enough to do that as people mentioned
2. Look at the woman's hair as she gets out. Its not moving at all... with all that wind it should be going crazy.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
He would have to be very tall in order to reach the blades. I fly those helis and I need a ladder to do a preflight. I'm 6' BTW.

R44SpecsFront.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread