Is this pulley setup worth $150?

BlueOvalBoy!

Established Member
Chris, Can you tell me who you think the manufacturer is for this? I was thinking maybe Metco for the pulley but not sure about the idlers.

Thanks,
B

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
They look all metco to me. I'd delete that link before someone buys them out from under you. That's a steal.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
double check the user's id that sent you the second chance offer. Sometimes it's fake offers from other people. Usually on larger items but it's possible on something under $200. BTW that metco braket is about $100 used and the idler will go for about $40, so a lower pulley for free is way cool. Not sure why they have the factory braket and tensioner though.

(It's the flash that's making it appear whiter than normal)

BlueOvalBoy!

Established Member
Thanks guys! I did double check the user ID and it's the same person. I'm good to go. That auction has already ended so I'm safe. I paypaled the $150 already.

Someone on nloc said: "That after market idler has a lot of flexing from what i have heard !!! That is the old style !! Metco went with a better set up !!" Is there any truth to this?

Thanks again for the help guys!
B

BlueOvalBoy!

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Too late I bought it out from under ya haha........ ok j/k... Yeah it seems like a real good deal... Stan

Well :rollseyes , that's why I didn't say or ask anything about it before today. I was really surprised that there were only 2 of us bidding on this thing. The only reason I got it is because the winning bidder lives in Canada and the seller stated that he will only ship in the United States. No offense to our Canadian L brothers, but the border fees are a killer. I sold a phenolic 1" gt-40 spacer to a guy for a smokin' deal last year and I ended up making no money whatsoever on that deal. I wasn't looking to make a profit, hell I never used it and sold it for $20 + shipping. That $20 was eaten up by the border fees. Hard lesson learned. :nonono:

203Cree

Established Member
BlueOvalBoy! said:
Is there any truth to this?

B

I don't remember reading anything like that. I think that's actually preferred over the newer setups, it will give more belt wrap. I think the only reason they changed designs was because that setup bolt's into the blower case.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I have that Metco setup and LOVE it. I can see this being more solid than even the new style, since it has to brackets that go to the front of the blower as well as the mounting points on the idler bracket.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
This idler flexes? WTF were they using for a tensioner?
DSCF1565.sized.jpg

I'd like to know how!
Though after looking at the auction again it's missing the blower braces. I'd get with him about that. Without the 2 big round braces that idler bracket will flex, see my picture above.

Users who are viewing this thread