Is this normal?

luvgun74

Established Member
Ok after installing my LCA's a few weeks ago i've noticed what seems to me as the rear being a little "clunky" feeling when going from reverse to 1st and taking off from redlights. Is this due to the LCA's or maybe even loose driveshaft bolts? Anyone else have this after installing LCA's? If so, any remedy to this?

Leonard 95

Established Member
Yea, mine has a similar noise with upper/lowers and panhard. I think it is just the nature of the beast with aftermarket bushings, they transmit more noise. I actually read on TS that the noise is most likely the 2 piece driveshaft.

luvgun74

Established Member
i have the metcos, i also thought maybe cause i didnt tighten them to the specs instead i used the german method of "goodentight". Don't get me wrong the LCA's alone got rid of ALL the wheel hop that i once had but now there's the awful "clunk in the trunk" sound. :shrug:

Last edited:

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Mine make a bit of noise as well, mainly on deceleration. But it is definitely worth a bit of noise for the vast improvement.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
You have to properly torque everything with the suspension loaded. I think alot of the noise comes from the bolts being too narrow for the LCA's, especially with rod ends.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread