Is this factory ride height?

ZV Cobra

Established Member
The guy i bought the car off of said he never did anything to the car. Looking at other cars with factory suspension it looks a little lower to me.
I measured the front and its 27.5 in to the fender and the rear is 28.5 in to the fender. Thanks

DSC_0359_344.jpg

ZV Cobra

Established Member
That does look close. I wanted to make sure because i was getting ready to order that kit.

Mark185

Established Member
my pro kit measures 26.5" in the front, with the top isolator removed. It seems like it sits a little lower than factory but not the same as a pro kit

ZV Cobra

Established Member
The car is comin up on 100k miles. Could it be that the springs and shocks/struts are worn out?

amorrow

Established Member
Why not take a wheel off and post a pic of a spring, showing any marking(s) or tag(s) you find? If I had to guess, I'd say your car is sitting at the stock ride-height.

ZV Cobra

Established Member
Here is a picture of the tag on the spring.

DSC_0363_348.jpg

I have seen the F4Z all over the car so im guessing they are factory springs. Should have done that in the first place.
Dont know why i didnt. Looks like i'll be getting my hands dirty installing the Pro Kit. Thanks for the help.

ZV Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the picture. I just wasnt sure on the height after seeing others that looked higher then mine. Like Amorrow said i should have just pulled a wheel and looked at the spring to begin with. Nice looking car by the way. Hope mine sits like that after i get them installed.

amorrow

Established Member
...and in case you're wondering why you see so many "F4Z" part-numbers, it's because "F4" references the year which the parts were made or designed, and "Z" means that part was made for a Mustang. The fourth character is the type of part, "C" categorized as a chassis component, in your case a suspension spring.

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks...and good luck with your suspension work. IMO, suspension improvements are the most worthwhile modifications to make on these cars...even more so than engine mods, believe it or not. :)

ZV Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the great info. I love learning new stuff about my car and cant wait to install the new springs.

One last question. Im going to be getting 30mm eibach wheel spacers with my springs. Will i have any rubbing problems with the factory size 255/45R17 tires on the outside lip? Thanks for the help.

gq916

Established Member
go with eibach sportlines..if i had to do it over again i would do eibach sportlines. they sit a little lower than pro kit

2k3gt

Established Member
Thanks for the great info. I love learning new stuff about my car and cant wait to install the new springs.

One last question. Im going to be getting 30mm eibach wheel spacers with my springs. Will i have any rubbing problems with the factory size 255/45R17 tires on the outside lip? Thanks for the help.

I'd stay away from wheel spacers..they're just another thing that can break when you get on the gas. Why not just get wider rear wheels?...they look 10x better than spacers IMO.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member

You shouldn't have any rubbing with those tires.

ZV Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the quick replies. This site is great. I have different wheels and tires picked out but i wont have the money for them for awhile,thats why i want to get the spacers.That will at least give me the look of a wider tire. I picked out the Pro Kit because i have read that you just install them and get re aligned. With the sportlines i have heard you need to also get better struts/shocks and c/c plates and re aligned which would be a lot more then i can spend right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread