Is this common?

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Ok i just finished installing my pulleys.....she is idling funny......I took her for a spin and stoped at a light....she will idle right on 1600 :shrug: what does this mean? i kinda got on it and damn i noticed a big difference....but anyways if anyone can help much appericated ..... :-D

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I doubt u noticed that big of a difference. Your problem is probably from not disconecting the battery for 15 mins after the swap. The computer has to learn the different parameters for keeping an idle. It will eventually go away, but it will be quicker if u disconect the battery.

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
pullies don't really have any effect on idle quality or rpm. think the problem is elsewhere.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
ok she stoped idleing funny.....and i do noticed alot...she seems to pick up more than before...but I also put new wires and plugs :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
WishIHadaCobra said:
I doubt u noticed that big of a difference. Your problem is probably from not disconecting the battery for 15 mins after the swap. The computer has to learn the different parameters for keeping an idle. It will eventually go away, but it will be quicker if u disconect the battery.

A quick was to reset the computer is disconnnect the batter and hit the brakes a few times and hold them for a few seconds. It will drain all power from the ECU resetting it. Then just hook the batter back up. Should take you less then 5 minutes total.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
FYI -
You can also turn the headlights ON and then disconnect the battery to remove all voltage from system!
Just remember to turn the lights OFF before reconnecting the battery!
I just put the pulleys on the 98cobra and they do make a nice "seat of the pants" acceleration improvement!

Users who are viewing this thread