Is this a tuning problem

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I had my whipple installed about 4k miles ago. But i seem to be having some drivability issues now. Not sure if it is my tune or accufab throttlebody. When driving at hwy speeds and then comming to a stop light or into town the vehicle will just turn off on me, when i restart will turn on right away but will idle kinda of rough. The idle seems to really get worse with the more stop and go driving i do. Not sure if its a tuning issue or not.:shrug:

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
the tune shouldn't change

how many miles do you have on the car ? could be the IAC ?

can you put the stock TB back on temporarily just to see if that issue goes away ?

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
the tune shouldn't change

how many miles do you have on the car ? could be the IAC ?

can you put the stock TB back on temporarily just to see if that issue goes away ?

Just turned 27k miles. The whipple is for a single blade TB so cant use stocker.
Check your spark plugs for signs..
Plugs have about 4k miles on em. I installed them at the same time as the whipple.

KILRSVT

Established Member
my buddy's cobra would turn off..sporadicly with no reason...it also had a funny idle . i would check the tune out..but first make sure your throttle body is adjusted correctly..but more importantly make sure your tps is adjusted correctly. it should be at .9 at idle around 4.8 at w.o.t is this adjustment is wrong then funny idle characteristics can happen....good luck

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Search "stalling", this issue is pretty common with these cars. Could need an update in the tune but the rough idle points to a possible issue with the TB, you may need to do the reset base idle procedure. Also try repositioning the MAF, as mentioned, cleaning the IAC and changing the plugs would be a very good idea.

BlueSS

I'm Having The Same Problem With Mine And I Also Think That It's The Accufab, Does Anyone Have A Link To How To Adjust Them Correctly. My Car With Go Back And Forth From 750rpm to 780rpm at idle, and my driveability through parking lots is horrible and i usually have to put the clutch in to avoid the car bucking!

Users who are viewing this thread