Is this a speed release?

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
uquge2yt.jpg
I'm getting ready to do the clutch mod from this thread http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313294

I can't remember when I bought this quadrant if it was a speed release or not.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
No, she said use a stock cable. The brand of quadrant probably won't matter as long as it's a quick release design.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Ahh. When did you order it, this morning? It would be worth the grief to call and cancel the order if you can. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt: adjustable cables are crap. You need a stock one. I glanced through that thread and saw the same recommendation I'm offering, too...

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
The problem is There is No slack in my cable and another one the same length won't work. I'll have to see How everything goes together first.

klr16G

Established Member
trust me stock cable is the best ask me how i know... been there done that with adjustable they just don't hold up but good luck with what your trying to do

93_408_LX

Established Member
Whomever wrote that says the engagement point will be just off the floor? That's terrible, you want the engagement point as high as possible without any slip so that the clutch is disengaged completely upon clutch depression. This is a HUGE and very common misconception in the automotive world, people think lower is better.

svtsilversnake

DRIVER MODED
Established Member
Whomever wrote that says the engagement point will be just off the floor? That's terrible, you want the engagement point as high as possible without any slip so that the clutch is disengaged completely upon clutch depression. This is a HUGE and very common misconception in the automotive world, people think lower is better.

I don't want mine on the floor either but a shorter travel would be nice. My current problem is the tob is ridding the pp fingers. Causing a squelling sound. The Bearing is brand new. I put the trans on myself along with the fork and new bearing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread